cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New people - please introduce yourselves ...

New people - please introduce yourselves ... Welcome. Hope you enjoy being part of this group, and take time to look around. Ask questions, post photos in the albums and show your listings in the appropriate threads. Check out the announcements for how to post photos in threads, and other details. Thank you for joining the other terrific ATC/ACEO artists, collectors, creators and enthusiasts. Enjoy! Have Fun! Read the 'helpful links' thread. You may also like to join in on the off-ebay forums at ACEOenthusiasts dot com, as we are not sure if eBay groups are closing or not - it could be a possibility in May of 2009. You are most welcome there. IMPORTANT TO FIND YOUR WAY BACK HERE: Top right of your ebay page, click on 'Community'. Then on 'Groups'. Sign in. And you should find this group listed under your groups, so that you can come back in. OR ... bookmark the 'welcome' page on your computer. OR ... easiest of all ... Use the URL ... http://groups.ebay.com Log In (left), and click on the group name. -- Edited by artistjillian at 12/09/2008 4:40 PM PST
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 1 of 2,392
latest reply
2,391 REPLIES 2,391

Re: New people - please introduce yourselves ...

I'm not new to the group, but just wanted to say hello to the newbies and welcome.

I noticed there isn't a place to post about our new painting for April 2014, well anyways check out my art and glad to see new people here.

Message 2371 of 2,392
latest reply

Hello all :smileyhappy: I am very new to these group things at eBay. But I am so happy that I found place where I can share and talk about my hoby :smileyhappy:

Mandy :smileyhappy:

Message 2372 of 2,392
latest reply

Sorry I haven't been around.

My life has taken a different course, and has been taking a lot of adjustment.

Great to have you join in with the group.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2373 of 2,392
latest reply

Hello! I'm glad to finally start selling my ACEO's on ebay. I've been making and collecting art cards since 2012. I'm always on the lookout for cute cards to add to my collection too. Woman Very Happy

Message 2374 of 2,392
latest reply

Great to have you here. They are very addiction - both to make, and to collect.

There are so many wonderful artists, and it's great to include your work, too.

~Jillian

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2375 of 2,392
latest reply

Hi, Im just now getting up the nerve to put some stuff out there for sale, I have a tough time figuring out what to post, baby steps all the way

change the eye that sees, and you change the world that is seen
Message 2376 of 2,392
latest reply

Hello!

I'm new the group but excited to be here. I have dabbled with ACEO's for several years. I have been doing illumination and miniatures in addition to larger paintings for 20 years in acrylic, watercolor and oils. I specialize in historical and fantasy. 

Looking forward to your inspiration and wisdom. 🙂

Nancy

Message 2377 of 2,392
latest reply

Hello!  I just recently started making and attempting to sell ACEO's on here.  Any tips or feedback are welcome.  I'm glad to be part of this group! 

Message 2378 of 2,392
latest reply

Hi

I'm new to ACEOs and really excited to get going. I've painted mini paintings for some time, but not yet stuck to a particular size. Looking forward to starting ..... and any advice is welcome please and thanks.

The Painters Palette Original Art Store

Message 2379 of 2,392
latest reply

@junkcollector365 wrote:

Hi, Im just now getting up the nerve to put some stuff out there for sale, I have a tough time figuring out what to post, baby steps all the way

Welcome! If you need help, just ask. Great to have you here. My usual advice is just post. One never knows what will sell or when, it's pretty much unpredictable that way.
Usually it's a matter of what we think will sell, doesn't. What we don't think will sell, not only sells immediately, but goes for triple the price we expected. *grin*

Good luck.

~Jillian

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2380 of 2,392
latest reply

@verdacciostudio wrote:

Hello!

I'm new the group but excited to be here. I have dabbled with ACEO's for several years. I have been doing illumination and miniatures in addition to larger paintings for 20 years in acrylic, watercolor and oils. I specialize in historical and fantasy. 

Looking forward to your inspiration and wisdom. 🙂

Nancy

Hi Nancy, Welcome to the group. I've been quite busy of late. And this group is just a shadow of what it once was, but still there is a lot of useful information here. eBay changed the group format, and I can't manage the groups the way I once could, so I must admit that has tied my hands extensively. Historic and fantasy subjects sound great, as well as versatility in mediums. My main advice to anyone is to keep listing. This way you gain followers, and hopefully keep them hanging around, looking for your newest works. Promote yourself as much as possible. Use social media. All my best.

~Jillian

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2381 of 2,392
latest reply

@julieerindesigns wrote:

Hello!  I just recently started making and attempting to sell ACEO's on here.  Any tips or feedback are welcome.  I'm glad to be part of this group! 

Hi Julie. Welcome! Glad to have you here. I have just replied to two and my top tips are there. But from a personal perspective I feel that is you make your whole presentation as professional as possible, then that is the way to go. If you treat your art like a treasure, then your buyers will, too. Just do it! There is no tried and true formula. We once had a 'stage' in ACEOs where Musk Oxen were popular subject matter. There was a collector. Mermaids, cats, raccoons, skaters have had their share of followers. But next week could be totally different again. 🙂

Wishing you great successes.

Regards,
~Jillian

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2382 of 2,392
latest reply

@lyn2654 wrote:

Hi

I'm new to ACEOs and really excited to get going. I've painted mini paintings for some time, but not yet stuck to a particular size. Looking forward to starting ..... and any advice is welcome please and thanks.

The Painters Palette Original Art Store

Hi Lyn, ACEOs are addictive. Hope someone warned you. Woman Wink I was a miniaturist (dollhouse-size, 1:12th scale) mostly, prior to doing ACEOs. ACEOs were like painting murals by comparison. I was like you - not sticking to a particular size. I was storing my miniatures in trading card sleeves, but even then they fell out. ACEOs immediately made sense to me. Something that not only could be stored easily, but also display options were available 'off the shelf' of most stores (magnet pockets, frames, trading card displays and albums). Also it makes them collectible, which means multiple sales are not uncommon.

I have just left advice to some others, so read there.
Always list. Always promote yourself by whatever means you can.There is a blog that you can join to promote yourself there. See the thread/topic on that for information.
Good luck. Have fun!

Regards,

~Jillian

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2383 of 2,392
latest reply

Thank you everyone for joining in. I'll do my best to answer questions. But life takes a different turn for me at the moment.

I'll drop by as often as I can, but it may be a while.

Meantime, others do drop in. They may not comment. BUT your work IS seen, so please join in, and post your work.

~Jillian

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2384 of 2,392
latest reply

Hi Jillian,  I have been a member in the past and actually thought the group had been closed or deleted.  But I see it's still up and running and would like to participate again.  Is that ok and if so, what do I need to do to re-activate?  Thanks, Suzanne (Gegna)

Message 2385 of 2,392
latest reply