cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free listing promotion May 2-May8

I received this promotion 

7 days, no insertion fees:100 extra fixed priced listings!

Pay no insertion fees on up to 100 additional fixed-price listings for seven days.

I accepted it and tried listing using the sell similar option,  but it came off of my regular 50 free listings.  Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hopefully you have all received an email from eBay about their "oops" when sending out this promotion, but if not here it is:

We are reaching out to alert you of a technical issue related to the promotion, "7 days, no insertion fees: 100 extra fixed priced listings!" for which you recently RSVP'd (Reference Code 103817).

Currently, the 100 free fixed price listings offered during this promotion are applied only after your standard 50 free listings have already been used. This was not the intent of the promotion.

To ensure that your free monthly listings allotment will not be impacted as you list during this promotion, we will be crediting your May invoice for up to 50 insertion fee charges.

We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused. Thank you for selling with eBay.

Sincerely,
eBay Seller Team

Additional Credit Information
You will receive a Credit on your May Invoice for up to 50 fixed price or auction format listing fee charges incurred between May 1, 2017 at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second) and May 31 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds). The Credit will not apply to final value fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) will not be credited.

The Credit will not apply to insertion fees in the following categories: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

@laszlo1031 @sweetswampy @myacey @tervuren20056 @bibliofinesse @victorjunkman55

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@sweetswampy  Hi, sweetswampy...it's been a while ~ nice to see you again!

I didn't get the promo Smiley Sad, but from what I am hearing, this is another eBay Glitch Du Jour as quite a few sellers are experiencing the same thing that you are ~ Hate to tell you this, but I think you are gonna have to call eBay CS ~ please let us know what they have to say!

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Thanks Hidy-Hoo.  I will check on that.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I have the same problem and I'm not calling anybody. I knew I should have listed that no fee shoe deal yesterday. Good Luck to you.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Maybe it is the sell similar option causing the problem

These promos have restrictions. Not saying that is the problem, but it is almost never a glitch. It is almost always NOT reading the restrictions.

This one I do not know. I didn't get it so cannot check it out.

Just saying, if these promos were so screwed up as posts on the boards would have us believe, this site would have sunk like the Titanic years ago.

Radine

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Or it is only good in certain categories.

Time after time people fail to read the rest of the story. Not saying this is what happened here, but those free promos have restrictions. You have to read the whole thing.

Radine

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

same issue
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Same issue.  Called C.S.  No help at all, could not understand the CS rep due to accent and huge background noise.  She tried to say the promo doesn't apply to relisted items but I also had listed new listings never before on Ebay and they too were going to my monthly 50 free listings instead of the new 100 group.  I'm calling CS back again tomorrow to try again.  Not the first time a promo was not applied properly to my account.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Hope you will reply back after you call CS again.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I got this promo too and noticed it was using my 50 free first.  So I did what any logical person would and called ebay cs, that would be ebay india.  I was told that that is how this promotion worked.  Ha, said I, it does not say that anywhere in the description of the promo.  So after 45 minutes and a lot of holding and finally a supervisor I was told that it is how this promo works, duh.  I than said ebay has never run a promo like that in the 15 years I have been selling.  In fact on another account that got a different promo it is counting perfectly.  Again, hold please while we twiddle our thumbs and try to think of a different answer to say go screw yourself,  I finally got them to admit that others have called and it will be escalated to the tech department.  So while I doubt that it will be fixed I bet that next time a promo comes out it will say use your 50 free first.   Good grief can ebay get anything right, we won't even talk about how pathetic sales are or turning off active content or the myriad of hoops sellers must jump through to make a few dollars.  How I wish for the good old days before wrinkles and muffin top.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Hopefully you have all received an email from eBay about their "oops" when sending out this promotion, but if not here it is:

We are reaching out to alert you of a technical issue related to the promotion, "7 days, no insertion fees: 100 extra fixed priced listings!" for which you recently RSVP'd (Reference Code 103817).

Currently, the 100 free fixed price listings offered during this promotion are applied only after your standard 50 free listings have already been used. This was not the intent of the promotion.

To ensure that your free monthly listings allotment will not be impacted as you list during this promotion, we will be crediting your May invoice for up to 50 insertion fee charges.

We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused. Thank you for selling with eBay.

Sincerely,
eBay Seller Team

You will receive a Credit on your May Invoice for up to 50 fixed price or auction format listing fee charges incurred between May 1, 2017 at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second) and May 31 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds). The Credit will not apply to final value fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) will not be credited.

The Credit will not apply to insertion fees in the following categories: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

@laszlo1031 @sweetswampy @myacey @tervuren20056 @bibliofinesse @victorjunkman55

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

For someone who did not even get this offer, Thank you for your help for those of us that did. Good Luck to you.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

giphy

Sincerely,
eBay Seller Team

You will receive a Credit on your May Invoice for up to 50 fixed price or auction format listing fee charges incurred between May 1, 2017 at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second) and May 31 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds).

Do you really think I believe that ?Do you really think I believe that ?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Thanks to everyone for your help and information.  

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Had same issue.  First customer service person said it would kick in after one's normal allottment (I do not have a store); asked for a supervisor but transfer took too long and I hung up. Redialed to speak to a more knowledgable customer service rep who understood my objection and volunteered to call me back after doing some research, which he did.  His advice was to request someone from the "selling" department.  No. 3 was also helpful and, after some lengthy holds and checking with her supervisor, told me I would receive a credit for fifty listings on the May invoice - and later the same email mentioned previously was delivered.  

However, I called again to complain that receiving credit for fifty listings is not the same as having 100 free listings, as the promotion offered.  Again, after several holds, a supervisor agreed that I would receive a credit on the May invoice up to 100 fixed price listings.

Anyway, that is how I understand it at the moment.  I have only used 31 of the 100 slots so far and hope all goes well if in fact I do reach the 100 listings - will certainly check my invoice carefully next month.

There is possibly another issue:  even though I may receive a credit for 100 fixed price listings, will my cost of listing the usual monthly 50 free ones be higher depending on the price of the item(s) listed?

All in all, life would be simpler if ebay just fixed the glitch and we would not have to spend all that time on the phone.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply