cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay return complaint

I sold someone a USED item almost a month ago, the buyer just now requested a return claiming slight cosmetic damage. He stated that the item works fine tho. I checked it thoroughly before shipping it and the damage he sent a picture to me of was not there when i shipped it. So now im being forced to give him a refund and accept his return. How it is right that now i get a damaged item back when it was fine when i shipped it and it doesnt even effect the working condition? Plus doesnt the buyer only have so long to request a return after its been delivered? Its been almost a month since it was delivered. No wonder so many peope are getting away from selling on ebay, im furious. Ebay can issue him the refund, im not paying **bleep**, and if they bill me for it then they can just put it on my tab and expect to receive a payment from me when Dumbo the flying elephant flies and delivers it to them. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay return complaint

All buyers, and therefore, items have a 30 day Money Back Guarantee. You have no choice but to honor it. Maybe next time, read about selling before just 'listing' things to sell and you won't be surprised.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

eBay return complaint

Which item was it, the DVD/VCR?  Electronics items require very specialized packing in order for them to not be damaged in shipping, and it doesn't help that most modern electronics from the 1990s to present have metal cases that are very thin and easy to dent or bend, so it doesn't take very much of an impact to do so.  At the end of the day, the responsibility of getting an item packed well enough to arrive at it's destination undamaged is on the seller, regardless of circumstance.  This is pretty clear from how the money back guarantee reads.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply