cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Can ebay ever resolve a problem

So, a buyer purchases 3 pairs of earrings, thanks me for allowing her to try them on but they don't fit so she is sending them back. Fine, whatever. Cannot really complain, I get very few refunds. Rec'd items today, all in good shape. Try to issue a refund. Error message. Try again. Same error message. So after that, I try to refund through paypal. No way to do so. Now, I know it is a glitch. I call ebay, get some CS(NOT)R telling me how to do a refund. I tell them I am fully aware of how to issue a refund. Read him the error message. Sounds like a paypal issue, I will transfer you to them. WARNING!! you will never speak  to anyone if they do this. Call on your own. Paypal CSR tells me it is an ebay problem. Call ebay back. Second CSR tells me it must be a paypal problem, we will do a 3 way call except 1) she didn't know how to do that OR 2) She hung up on me. Never get anyone on paypal after being on hold for 20 minutes. Now I call ebay back and ask to speak to a supervisor. If they could just hire CSR's with the intelligence of the supervisors, wouldn't we all be just a little happier?? The supervisor says "No problem, I will just issue the refund for you" GREAT! "Oh, I am getting the same message you are getting. There must be a glitch in the system."  I am thinking, THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG.  So no refunds tonight. 2 hours of my life I cannot get back. I thought I might have to throw on a pot of coffee soon as it is getting to be close to bedtime. Now I just need a drink.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I added her to my best buddy list as I figured I wasn't going to pay for her to try on earrings anymore, the whole transaction was $14+ for 3 pairs of handmade earrings. I think I have returned 3 things in my whole life.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorry this happened. There have been a lot of glitchy things happenening this month due to the changes being made from the recent update. It has effected a lot of the site in various areas.  Glad you got a supervisor to get it taken care of. I drink coffee a lot ESPECIALLY  when I am up listing new items or waiting on the phone. LOL.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have learned the hard way that if a buyer is not certain they are going to like something and they message you this that many times this results in a return. Also  with people filing SNAD case issues you will be spending extra money to have someone  return stuff.  If they are Really uncertain they will like what they buy. I tell them--perhaps do not buy it.  Thanks so much for contacting us.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think Ebay is working on a virtual reality type internet experience for buyers in the future. If that happens a buyer could conceivable VIRTUALLY TRY SOMETHING ON. That would help these situations immensely.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Well ebay called back about the issue. They have not been able to fix the glitch. They are refunding the customer and not charging my account. YAHOO! Has anyone one else tried to issue a refund last night or today and been successful?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi, demarl ~ nice to hear from you...it's been a while!

Yup, eBay seems to be riddled with bugs lately.  The only thing that I can suggest when you receive an error message is to do the tried and true delete cookies thingy.  You may also want to try using another browser to see if that will help ~ if not, cursing may help or try playing the word game to release stress, lol

Image result for bugs gif animated

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply