cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmmm, fees actually WENT DOWN.... at least, mine did!

So, apparently, the other site I have been selling on has been taking a big chunk out of the traffic here.  I sell on both sites with the same exact listings and I have noticed that the other place has been moving a lot more product for me over the last year or so.  Mom and pop sellers like the fact that the other site is owned by a  mom and pop music store and they honor whatever you choose your store policies to be, they absolutely back you. 

So, fast forward to today, I notice that in one of the emails I have gotten from eBay over the last week or two that eBay has lowered the fees in guitars to 3.5%, which is almost as low as the other site!  Must be hurting for guitar traffic, huh?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Mind you, I LIKE eBay, but I understand why some sellers get really flustered with things here because of the hoops you often have to jump through to protect yourself as a seller... but it's interesting to watch the tides turn a bit. I don't wish eBay any ill by any means, either, I was just rather surprised by the lowering of the fees, it's an interesting turn of events.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Also, while I HAVE threatened to pack my bags and leave for other grounds a time or two out of frustration, I really don't have any plans of leaving eBay, it's a good site which still has a LOT of traffic and a lot of sales. I buy more here now than I sell here, actually, I think. At least, I know I have over the last few months.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi gpg!
Glad everything is working out for you on both sides.

You need to come around more often!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

True, I do need to come around more often, I'm just so busy in real life that I don't have a lot of spare time right now for much of anything. I'm ramping the store I work at up for the coming school band season, and for summer marching season. Also the store I work at was named a NAMM Top 100 store, which is a worldwide honor, and we are up for best store design on the planet, so we have been busy busy.
So, we have been making plans to attend the NAMM show in July, and to try to catch some Drum Corps International events this summer, although I'm only going to be able to attend one, I think, as I have too many schedule conflicts, which is kind of a bummer. Included in those conflicts is my daugher and her husband who are expecting their first child, and her baby shower is on the Friday of NAMM show, which I am required to attend because we are being honored at the show.... LOL. I think I need a few more things all happening on the same day, haha! But these are GOOD problems to have, for sure, so I am not complaining.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply