cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High bid for an item of low value but things got predictable...

Hello,

This is a case that makes no sense at all. I put on ebay an old AGP card I wanted to get rid of. The card is/was working as I pulled it out of a working machine. The auction ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332213785921 ) initially attracted a guy who wanted to settle outside ebay(!!!! for an AGP? really?) then the unreasonable bids started as you can see. The guy who won never paid till I created an unpaid ticket case and of course by Monday morning he was complaining that the card he received was not working. Now, regardless of the "no returns accepted" I had to accept the return and pay £8.55 the return postage. I am not buying it that the card was not working and funny enough I have heard the same story from many friends of case like this. In bullet points:

1. Very high bids

2. Pay only when you create a ticket

3. Return them at once claiming they were not working.

But for an AGP card? What was his profit?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Electronics, computers and accessories is a high fraud category for small low volume sellers and should be used with caution.  

You are correct, some buyers  will falsely claim snad to avoid paying return shipping ~ you asked "where is the profit" ~ wait and see what is returned ~ hopefully it will be your still working widget!

Since you are registered in the UK, you may want to discuss this issue on the UK boards:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for this. It looks like that this kind of scum is kinda "protected" by ebay. Regardless of what they claim as an appeal procedure, they always take the side of the buyer and refund him despite any evidence. Even worst, you cannot anymore let negative feedbacks to buyers who for some reason are allowed to have private and hidden feedbacks. Thanks anyway.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply