cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help I am new Seller

I had a person buy a cell phone. At first they claimed I mislabeled it. After I confronted them they retracted it and said they were frustrated because they keep buying the wrong item and were taking it out on me. They said they were not going to file a claim. Well the next day they changed their mind and wanted to return the item. I do not offer returns. They filed a return lying saying that the phone did not work because of the 3G shutdown. However the phone is 4G. I am taking the item back. My issue is... Do I have to refund the full amount? I told the buyer I would have to charge 20% restocking fee because it was not my fault. They agreed. Can I do a partial refund? I appreciate your help in advance. I am not used to this new way of eBay. I am so used to the paypal way. Thanks for your time. Have a great day or night! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Help I am new Seller

@salsuds 

Ebay did away with restocking fee's years ago.

Since the buyer filed an INAD, they'll get a full refund.

Once the buyer is refunded, you can report them for abusing the MBG.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Help I am new Seller

Hello, If you have an email from them stating That They  were frustrated because they keep buying the wrong item and were taking it out on me then that proves they are lying about the phone not working. Contact Ebay they can see the email that proves they lied and Ebay would side with you. No refund. Next time if you have the proof  contact Ebay first

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Help I am new Seller

The proven lying buyer gets the refund. When the poor seller asks for help trying to have eBay look at messages they are not going to do that and the seller gets a defect for not resolving a case.

SERIOUSLY.

Once the buyer files not as described it's an automatic refund and if you want your phone back you provide a return label. 

The only recourse the OP has is to report the buyer afterwards for return abuse and eBay might issue them a $6 shipping voucher.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply