cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Followers. Do they creep you out?

Why would anyone "follow" someone? 

That to me feels like stalking! JAIL TIME

Why the community boards introduce that following **bleep**. NO idea!

That needs to STOP!

This board isn't Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter  etc...

If you have a question about eBay, selling, buying, returns, shipping, identifying etc...

We are happy to help! ❤️

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

And yippie skippie. I seem to have picked up another annoying poster from here to elsewhere.

I apologize. 

Silly me, I thought I was being polite. That is about to bite the dust.

Radine

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Wait. Now people can follow you on the boards and groups? Ye gods and little fishes.

At least in the past they had to put some effort into being stalkers. One would think they would get bored out of their minds but time has shown that not to be the case. 

Creepy for sure. A big deal, maybe not.

If followers in eBay, that I am okay with that since a follower sees new listings.

Radine

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

And yippie skippie. I seem to have picked up another annoying poster from here to elsewhere.

I apologize. 

Silly me, I thought I was being polite. That is about to bite the dust.

Radine

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

I don't think there is an option for "followers" on the community boards per se, but there is an option to "friend" someone.  I just looked the other day and realized that I "friended" whering (Diane) and bronx-dog and I had no idea how or when I had done that, lol  Not sure what it does.

Yes, Radine, I think eBay "followers", should be able to see a seller's listings, however, I have two followers on this ID which has never sold a thing....one I know (a friend and fellow poster) and the other I have no clue who it is.

As far as I know, there is no setting in preferences to "follow" a particular ID, but you can sign up for email notifications for threads that you are interested in, etc.

You can also "follow" another persons posts by clicking on their ID...you will then see what and where they have posted, which is why I use a "posting ID", because I don't want someone that doesn't like what I have written to mess with my listings ~  which is a good thing since I have recently had some disturbing interaction from another ID following/reading my past posts and inappropriately jumping into the conversation Smiley Mad

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There is a follow me button on the community.

Lets see what happens. Sorry hidy, test is on you. 😝

http://community.ebay.com/t5/user/v2/viewprofilepage.addfriend/user-id/1581831?t:ac=user-id/1581831&...

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

IMG_1200.PNG

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Well, I'll be ~ I have never noticed that before!  I just assumed it would be in "preferences", which when I think about it doesn't really make sense.  See what happens when you "assume", lol?

Love, did you figure out how to post a pic?  Looks like it...congrats, and btw, from looking at the pic it says that you deleted me as a contact!  I will hit your "follow me" button and let you know what happens! When I clicked on your link I received an "access denied" message! 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

No, still haven't figured it out. I can do a screenshot, which that was. No clue how to crop it, don't know the video thing.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply