cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing everything I can to NOT USE eBay any longer AFTER THIS LATEST CHARGE/FEE

While I'm not the biggest seller/buyer only about 645 feedbacks I have to think I'm somewhere in the middle from a client size perspective.  Ebay for me has just gotten toooo expensive (less flexible and inconvenient with their paypal decisions and PROFIT maximization programs).  With charges that seem to be approaching 20% because of their fees which include shipping and tax charges, I WAS JUST HIT BY A NEW CHARGE, I had a buyer from Mexico buy a product, I told them I wouldn't ship to Mexico and they provided a US mailing address, they paid in dollars and paid US/Texas sales tax. 

-Ebay CHARGED ME an additional 1.55% because the buyer had a outside/Mexico address.   

-It's become so agregious:

-I now sell all Musical instruments and parts on Reverb.com

-I list on ebay and simultaneously list on Facebook Marketplace, FB TBH has been more effective lately

-Poshmark for clothes

-NOW TRYING Bonaza

Any other suggestions appreciated

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That's not a new fee, they've had it awhile and when Pay Pal processed payments, they had it.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I believe you are incorrect there was never a 1.5% fee unless it was shipped internationally and the payment was processed “internationally” NOT FOR HAVING an international address and shipping domestic, PAYMENT was processed in the US.  The buyer just had a Mexican address. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It doesn't matter where it's shipped, it depends on where the buyers funding source is.

Yes, it's been there for awhile.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Funding source was domestic US, shipping domestic US, buyer address Mexico.  Do you all add comments with reading?

IMG_8757.jpeg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It has nothing to do with where it shipped or where the payment is processed (this was processed by a US bank) as shown above it’s based on the buyers address which isn’t correct on their part.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply