cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims item was damaged?

Hi there, I recently sold a PS4 for parts only - it was not working and did not have a hard drive. I made sure that was very clear in my posting (I attached photos to show the 4 times it is listed for parts). Also - also put on my listing that I do not accept returns. 

The buyer purchased this item and paid instantly - I then packaged it up with tons of bubble wrap and protection, and shipped it through USPS. There was standard insurance on this package (I didn't pay for any extra insurance - so whatever is the standard is what I got). Then an hour after I sent it, the buyer claimed he had no idea it was for parts and that it didn't work, and that he wanted a return. I explained to him that if he would've said this before shipping I would've been happy to refund - but since it was shipped that it was out of my control. He then demanded that I return it because I did not make it clear in my listing that it was for parts only. I explained to him that I mentioned it multiple times in my listing and used photos to highlight all the locations on my listing that stated that. I told him that I do not accept returns - and apologized for any inconvenience. 

Today he received the item and claimed that it was completely smashed and damaged that you could not turn it on. I completely covered the box in thick heavy duty bubble wrap (so much that the box had difficulty closing).  It would be very shocking if this box was THAT damaged. 

How should I move forward with responding to this seller. As I feel his return request is a bit sketchy 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If buyer is claiming the item was damaged during shipping, has he filed an INAD yet?

If so, you have a couple choices.

Refund buyer and and file a claim with carrier and hope they pay.

Accept the return, provide return shipping and refund once you get the item back.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

But you can not prove it did not happen and buyer is claiming not as described so ebay buyer protection comes into play.If you do not accept return for refund and ebay steps in they will likely find for buyer and give your account a defect.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 3 of 3
latest reply