cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vacation mode counting against sellers

Clearly eBay is not listening to its sellers or CS agents. Many sellers have complained that eBay continues to count late shipments while a seller is on VACATION against them. This is absurd.

On a seller's listings during VACATIONS it could not be more obvious to buyers that their orders will not ship on time, therefore they are NOT disappointed or surprised.

When I brought this to the attention of a CS agent on Twitter, one told me that's because "some sellers have staffs that can ship while the seller is on vacation." Duh! Those sellers don't NEED vacation mode.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

This has been a problem forever.  Ebay simply cannot bring themselves to help sellers.  The only way you can cover for this is to extend your handling time to the number of days before you can ship. they are well aware of this setting.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I had this happen to me.. I put on vacation mode over the holidays. It was clear to my buyers that I was away but they could still purchase if they were fine with waiting. I had no idea that ebay counted it as late even though I said I was away. I now have 20% late packages on my dashboard.
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Ebay SHOULD be carring that the buyers are all good with it, happy, okay with the delivery, but they don't.  Just another excuse to stick it to sellers and cut off your discount. Now that it has shrunk, don't worry about it.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

I think on April 30 I will change my return policy to 7 days and not worry about late shipments any longer. I have been TRS forever but cutting the discount in half is no longer worth jumping through hoops especially given eBay's refusal to take vacation mode into account.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Now, where has it ever been noted in the TOS that a seller was allowed to, or could, take a vacation without penalty?  If a seller isn't available to ship a buyer what they want, NOW, then, that isn't a good experience for the buyer.

Just because there is a 'vacation' feature on your listings, is no indication that you are allowed to go on vacation.  All it is, is a warning to buyers that they are going to get their item late and be ready to file a claim.

What in the world does a sellers's time off have to do with a 'great buying experience'?

/sarcasm

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I used it once, and all of my buyers were great with getting their items when I returned, sent each and every one of them a note while on vacation.  They bought, KNOWING that their items would ship when I returned.  If they weren't, I also asked them if they wished to cancel.

The only people that had 1 single problem with me taking a vacation, WAS EBAY.  

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

I used it once, and all of my buyers were great with getting their items when I returned, sent each and every one of them a note while on vacation.  They bought, KNOWING that their items would ship when I returned.  If they weren't, I also asked them if they wished to cancel.

The only people that had 1 single problem with me taking a vacation, WAS EBAY.  

I'm glad this topic came up. I understand the perspective, there are two options with vacation mode - one hides the inventory from the buyer, the other still allows buyers to make purchases. We do not have any change to announce about how vacaction mode works, but will take this back to leadership. Until then you can always choose the option to not show inventory to buyers. Obviously htis means reduced sales, as a business it will be your call.

Thanks for selling on eBay.

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Brian,

It is absurd that eBay suggests Store owners remove inventory from the site in order to avoid getiing dinged for performance standards. What am I paying eBay monthly subscription fees for? Have a little sympathy for small business owners who don't want to ship 52 weeks a year.

Vacation mode sales SHOULD NOT COUNT against late shipments or at least be treated differently. Find a compromise solution besides inventory removal.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

I hate this!
This is happened to me three times and now I am below standard because of this **bleep**
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

eBay refuses to STOP DOING THIS TO US! Because the truth is they don't want little sellers they want us all to be worker bees and send all of our goods to their valets
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I have had the same experience here 3×2 times I had to make medically necessary travel arrangements none of my customers were bothered a bit the only static I got was from eBay
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Yeah that's completely not helpful we can't afford to do that eBay is how we try to make a living!
Again customers are always OK with this it eBay who penalizes us eBay is the problem here as usual
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

They have the nerve to tell us to remove our items from the marketplace while we were on vacation or for any other reason away from the store they really think that's a good option more more every day I just hate eBay
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

I thought 14 day returns was the minimum?
Message 15 of 28
latest reply