cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOWNGRADE ANCHOR TO PREMIUM

I'm about tired of all the increases that they are able to pull off. I'm just the aveage seller and with these increces  will most likely run me out of business. I may just have to pull out. Ebay makes enough off us already and I just about had enough of giving them my profit

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You might consider two premium stores instead of one anchor store.  Maybe your collectables in one store and your other stuff in another store.  Just a thought to consider.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I thought eBay stores were limited to one per user...?

@toolandpartcrib OP you might want to hold off on downgrading.  Check out the features and benefits for store owners, including more listings and

DEDICATED CUSTOMER SERVICE AS OF JULY 1ST http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html#tab=faqs&faq=faq-fa-q23

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

No, there are many many many sellers out there with multiple user IDs and multiple stores.  

The fee increase on Anchor Stores is a stiff one.  It is the biggest increase of all of them.  It is a lot to pay for having a service rep.  However when Ebay use to do this years ago for various Power Seller levels, the CSRs that were part of the team were much better trained than the average CSR you would get calling in.  

$120 to $150 a month is a lot of money.  And you will pay that for 2 months before the benefit of a dedicated CSR will even kick in.  And that is if they are on time with bringing the benefit online.  

If that is the most important thing to you with the Anchor store update, then you could actually save yourself a little by downgrading your store to a Premium store for May and June and then upgrade back to an Anchor store in July if in fact they actually do have it ready on time.  And if they don't, save a little more by waiting to upgrade until they do have it ready.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Premium store versus  Anchor store.....

Premium Store ------

Monthly subscription fee = $60

2400 listings x 10 cents per listing per 30 days = $240  per month

2400 paid listings plus 1000 free  = 3400 listimgs  for a Premium store.

equals the monthly subscription fee for an AnchorStore......  with 10,000 free listings

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

That isn't exactly how you should look at that.  Unless you have a subscription, you can't get those rates for listing fees.  So to decide what level of store that is right for you, you have to consider the lower level stores.

For example.  If you have no store at all you are paying 30 cents to list fixed price listings.  So how many listings does that represent in the Basic store fees.  Monthly 24.95 divided by .30 = 83 or the subscription rate 19.95 divided by .30 = 66.  So if you are a seller that regularly posts more than 66 to 83 FPLs, then you should consider a Basic store as you will save money.

On a premium store you would consider the figures above for the Basic store and then whatever listings you would post above that at the 20 cent rate [basic store rate].  So the Basic store offers 250 listings for the 19.95 [subscription rate].  So now take the 59.95 Premium store subscription rate less the Basic Store subscription rate of 19.95 = $40 difference.  That $40 would then be divided by .20 cents to find out how many listings that represents.  So 40 divided by .20 = 200.

So what that mess means is that if you are considering a Premium store you should be posting on a regular basis over 266 FPLs for it to save you money.   Or if you compare the Premium store rates on a monthly basis, then you should be posting a minimum of about 333 FPL every month for that to work for you.

For an Anchor store it works out to be about 2666 w/ subscription and 3083 without the subscription.

For those considering Anchor stores or those that have an Anchor store but are considering downgrading, sometimes having two premium stores is better and cheaper, but each seller needs to figure out what is best for them.  There is not one answer for everyone.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Actually, cumos approach is better.  I'm actually not completely following your numbers, but it appears you are comparing a premium store to no store at all, assigning 30 cents to some of the FP listings and 20 cents to others.

I don't think it makes any sense to compare no store vs premium.  The comparisons should be:

• No store to basic store
  • Basic store to premium store
  • Premium store to anchor store

cumos compared the premium store to the anchor store, and was accurate strictly from the standpoint of FP listings.  However, there are additional advantages to the anchor store that also need to be taken into account based on the value added for each individual seller:

• More included auction listings
  • A greater credit towards eBay branding packaging
  • A credit for promoted listings
  • Dedicated customer support

Looking only at FP listings, and assuming an annual subscription:

• The break point between no store and a basic store is 67 FP listings (84 with no subscription)..  But, one must also consider the lower FVF that store owners get, and take that into account.  When I first opened a store, it was because the reduced FVF more than paid for the cost of the store.
  • The break point between a basic store and a premium store is 450 FP listings (500 with no subscription)
  • The break point between a premium store and an anchor store is 3400  FP listings (3750 with no subscription)
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

No I didn't.  I assumed someone considering a Premium store would have a Basic store first.

I agree with you, comparing no store to a premium store doesn't make sense.  Typically someone would start off with a Basic store.

It is also important to note that those free Auctions given for all levels of stores are ONLY for specific categories.  Most sellers don't sell in those categories.  it is GREAT that it helps some sellers.  But most can't or don't use them.

Dedicated CS is a wonderful thing.  Ebay use to do that for certain levels of Power Sellers.  It worked great.  The CSRs were better trained than the average CSR you get when you call in.  So I certainly agree, if Ebay is putting their well trained CSRs into this benefit, it will be very useful.  But it does come at a high price.  So each seller has to decide for themselves how much they are willing to pay for this benefit.

Yes again you are correct.  But unless you want to spend hours analyzing FVFs and sales and listings, a basic number can be achieved without doing that.  It is also why I put the words about or approximately.  

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

with any store you still get only 9% fees after your item sells so if you sell over $2000 a month its worth it 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@Anonymous

That is a bit simplistic.  It is a bit more complicated than that.  Certainly if you are you save $20 in FVFs on $2000 worth of sales and that will pay for your basic store.  But you still need to look at how many BIN or GTC listings you are running on an average month.

Some people that may have 2k plus in sales may be running far more listings than you run on an average month.  And if they are running 500 or more, then they really should be looking at a premium store.  Or maybe some sellers run auctions in the limited categories that Ebay allows some free auction listings.  So there is savings there as well.  Maybe the storefront is important to a seller and the ability to have categories.  Or the ability to put your store on vacation.  

All I'm saying is there is more than one thing to look at.  There are few things each of us needs to look at and decide what is the best value for our money.  For some it will be a basic store, for others the premium store, or others it will be the anchor store and for some it will be no store at all.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

you are right but i only sell about 150 items a month with about $2500 a month in sales so its only worth it to me to have the basic store the others would cost to much 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I agree 100%... and the customer service keeps getting worse. I just spent an hour having ebay explain that they should be asked to step in as a last resort. I had a customer try the old not as desribed trick to get free shipping... not only are they still returning the item they admitted was as described but I got a seller strike in the process. **bleep** is up with that???

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

How many 100's of thousands of sellers are out here and why are we staying OR why are you staying?I'm gone
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

im interested in this topic and dont find what im looking for 

right now i pay 300.00 per month to ebay for an anchor store with 5,200 listings all free

if i downgrade to 2 premium stores my monthly subscription is 120.00 for both stores

i get 2,000 free fixed price listings for both stores plus  1,000 free auctions for both stores

i would pay 120.00 in monthly fees and have 3,000 free listings

or have 3 premium stores pay 180.00 per month and get 4,500 free listings per month

am i missing something in these figures?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@ads.ink

You may only need one.  Review your listings, is there a way you can take advantage of Variation Listings.  For example if you had ads for Chanel but in two or more styles or types.  You could combine those into one listing.  This could save you a bunch of money.  It will take a lot of time to get ready for this, but it could be well worth the time if this is fiesable for you.  Take a peek at some of my listings.  Fragrances to be specific.  Just to give yourself some ideas.

Make sure you read everything regarding the store levels closely.  Don't assume you know what it says, read it all to include the fine print.  For example, you are incorrect regarding the amount of free listing fees for auctions.  It is 500 per store.  So make sure you read everything so you can make the best decision for yourself.

I downgraded from an Anchor store to a premium store when they raised the fees to the $300.  It made the best sense for me.  Especially since sales has continued to decline since the 2nd Quarter of 2014 for me.  

Message 15 of 17
latest reply