cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get a generous coupon from eBay today?

My other account is apparently older than this, my husband's/ main selling account, and I got an email delineating my activity on eBay (2000 was my first purchase) and giving me a very generous $25 to spend in the next ten days as a reward for being here so long. LOL, I always have trouble finding something to spend money on when there is a deadline! And I know I'll probably want to try to use the cart and buy things from multiple sellers at one time, and that won't work so I'll have to rethink my purchase. Will probably buy books.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

Re: Anyone else get a generous coupon from eBay today?

I didn't get one...must be on the naughty list.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 46 of 116
latest reply

Did everyone that got one register for the 25th anniversary virtual event?

Message 47 of 116
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I registered for the event, but haven't gotten a coupon yet.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 48 of 116
latest reply

I was just trying to figure out why ebay would give some sellers this coupon and not others.   I'm hoping they are just showing up in waves, but otherwise, I feel it causes unnecessary ill will for those omitted or did they think those sellers wouldn't find out.

Message 49 of 116
latest reply

It was so nice to receive a "gift" from eBay.  spent mine on $24.95 shipping tape with free shipping.  Only had to pay less then $2.00 on tax.   Yay!!

Message 50 of 116
latest reply

Yippee!  Me, too!  I've been signed in with my seller ID for the last several days, listing a few things.  After seeing this thread, I went to my messages and --  yippee!!  Just in time for my birthday this weekend!!  Decisions, decisions!

Message 51 of 116
latest reply

@avx001 wrote:

yes i GOT ONE ALSO BUT it does not work !!!!! I am trying right now to pay for the item I would never have bought if I did not get this $25.00 When I put the code in the box and hit "apply" it says "This code can't be applied to some of your items."  SCAM !!!!!!

I noticed in the small print it said not valid on auctions or best offer. Never seen those restrictions before.

Does that apply to your situation?

Message 52 of 116
latest reply

Got one and the acct is from 98. Didn't sign up for the 25th celebration until today. Not sure how they are picking and choosing.

Message 53 of 116
latest reply

Did not get one.  Account since 2001.  Just my luck.  Did not sign up for the 25th celebration thing though.

Message 54 of 116
latest reply

Now I'm even more irritated that there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to who got the coupon.  I have 3 different accounts of varying age and volume and as of this morning, not a single one has received the magic coupon.

Message 55 of 116
latest reply

I'm blowing mine on:  Wine, Women and Song.   😉

(Does anyhone even use that phrase anymore?)

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 56 of 116
latest reply

So many companies offer incentives to NEW customers and couldn't care less about their long time, loyal customers.

THANK YOU EBAY!!!!

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 57 of 116
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I got a coupon but didn't register for the event.

It's so eBay to be so random (or at least inscrutable) about who got this gift.   

Message 58 of 116
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

No coupon for Either my hubby or me. Must be just for Special Ebayer!

Message 59 of 116
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

No -- I got one, and I am not registered for the 25th anniversary event.

I read this thread, and checked my inbox, no message. But I tried going to checkout and entering the code, and it worked. I have a message in my inbox now, but it wasn't there yesterday when I made the purchase. So it might be worthwhile to just try it and see.

The message said: "... thank you for being with us from the very beginning! Here's a coupon for you, plus a look back at your history with us." And, that my first purchase and sale were in 2001.  Plus a few other firsts, after those.

Message 60 of 116
latest reply