Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetSellerList is asking me for detail-level header but is not documented

https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/GetSellerList.html

Im geting this error 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><eBay>
<EBayTime>2023-11-15 18:30:37</EBayTime><Errors>
<Error>
<Code>10012</Code><SeverityCode>1</SeverityCode><Severity>SeriousError</Severity><Line>0</Line><Column>0</Column><ErrorClass>RequestError</ErrorClass><ShortMessage><![CDATA[Invalid value for header "X-EBAY-API-DETAIL-LEVEL".]]></ShortMessage>
</Error>
</Errors>
</eBay>

and this are mi headers

headers: {
        'Content-Type': 'text/xml',
        'X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME': 'GetSellerList',
        'X-EBAY-API-SITEID': '0',
        'X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL': '967',
        'X-EBAY-API-APP-NAME': `${this.EBAY_APP_ID}`,
        'X-EBAY-API-CERT-NAME': `${this.EBAY_APP_DEV_ID}`,
        'X-EBAY-API-DEV-NAME': `${this.EBAY_APP_SECRET}`,
        'X-EBAY-API-DETAIL-LEVEL': 'ReturnAll',
      },

In the documentation its seems that i dont nead any of the headers below the X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL, but in mi code its asking me for all that headers.

Im using xml2js to build the xml and im developing in typescript! if anyone happend to have the solution or the same problem pls write!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: GetSellerList is asking me for detail-level header but is not documented

Dunno but when I use X-EBAY-API-DETAIL-LEVEL I always set it to 0 (zero).

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I suspect the problem is that the X-EBAY-API-DETAIL-LEVEL does not belong in the header.  It appears to belong in the payload. 

I have not used the Trading API, but I did successfully return a list of my items using the API Explorer for the "GetSellerList" call. 

https://developer.ebay.com/my/api_test_tool?index=0&env=production&api=trading&call=GetSellerList&va...

Be sure to set the site id to your UK (3).

I chose the Auth-n-auth method and clicked the "get a token here" link at the top right of the page. That took me to my user tokens page where I clicked the "Sign in to Production" button and granted my application authorization to access my user data.  I returned to the API Explorer and entered the authentication value into the box on the explorer page, which then populated that token into the call. That token is for one user (the one that had to log in to authorize access to account data).

I first used the default request for <GranularityLevel>Coarse</GranularityLevel> and kept <EntriesPerPage>2</EntriesPerPage>  to return only two items.

Then changed the start time range to bracket the most recent 3 months. The system returned two of my recently listed items.

Next, I changed <GranularityLevel> to <DetailLevel>ReturnAll</DetailLevel> and was again rewarded with two of my recent listings, but with far more detail.

You might want to start with the API Explorer to get something working, and then troubleshoot from there, as the explorer displays the headers that are required.  

The Auth-n-auth token is added to the payload.

While an Oauth token would be added to the header in this manner:

X-EBAY-API-SITEID:0
X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL:967
X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME:GetSellerList
X-EBAY-API-IAF-TOKEN:v^1.1#i^1#p^3#I^3#f^0#r^0#t^H4sIAAAAAAAAAOVZf2wb...

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@gregcarranz_0 

I see that you are in Argentina. The site id that I referenced in my earlier post would be the eBay site on which the items are listed.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, but im developing for the ebay in eeuu, or the linked country in the account.
i already found the solution of this, the documentation never talk about a tag that the xml have to had in the parent. I almost die in the way to find this Xd, thanks you very much !

Message 5 of 5
latest reply