cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS news that may help IMPROVE their Services. PAUSING some Changes.

Many of us that use USPS as our shipping have noticed that it just keeps getting less and less dependable.  More and more packages are getting delayed and even worse, lost. 

It is significantly affecting our buyer's experiences in a negative way and increasing the workload of sellers trying to hunt down these packages so they can get delivered to our buyers.

DeJoy is currently our Postmaster General.  He was appointed in June of 2020 by then President Donald Trump.  A large group of Senators approached DeJoy on the current state of USPS and the disruption it was causing across the country and likely world.  

Here is a link to the letter DeJoy issued.

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/wp-content/uploads/PMG-Letter-to-Chairman-Peters-5.9.2024.pdf

And a couple of news articles on the subject.

https://www.govexec.com/management/2024/05/pressure-mounting-dejoy-agrees-pause-consolidations-dozen...

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/agency-oversight/2024/05/dejoy-agrees-to-pause-some-usps-facility-cha...

Fingers crossed, this should help the USPS service to not be as disrupted and inconsistent as it has been of late.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I have no issues as a seller with USPS. 

Do I like the increase in stamps or packages weight & dims? No

Do my buyers like that USPS now calculates dims & weight just like UPS & FedEx? No

DeJoy seems to being his job because he has not been removed by the current president, so don't try to toss politics into this.

Sellers need to their job to protect themselves when shipping for a safe secure delivery. Check your buyer's profile and all feedback. 

Upload tracking, deliver to the USPS office in person and get a receipt. 

Think about signature required if you think your buyer might be in question and you're selling a high $$ item. 

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I think they just worried that all those REAL 🙄 ballots wont make it in.

After the election the upgrade will go back as planned.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals 

The President doesn't have the power to removed the Postmaster General.  The U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors has sole authority to hire and fire the postmaster general.

I guess I should have explained that more about how Dejoy got the job under the previous president.  He was appointed by the Board of Governors, but All of the USPS' governors, at the time, were appointed by Trump, and DeJoy was a product of their selection. DeJoy's wife was Trump's pick for the U.S. ambassador to Canada, although she was never confirmed, and she served as the vice chair of the President's Commission on White House Fellowships.

This isn't about the fees going up.  As I stated above this is about getting the mail processed and delivered timely.  We have had all kinds of issues since they started consolidating things.  It is wonderful that you have not had issues, but that doesn't dismiss all the issues many of us have had getting things delivered timely.

This specific subject has NOTHING to do with sellers not doing their job.  Nor does it have anything to do with not getting tracking number, uploading them or getting receipts.  You may want to revisit what I wrote and the letter that Dejoy wrote in which I gave a link to.  Also the news reports explain it as well.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

I think they just worried that all those REAL 🙄 ballots wont make it in.

After the election the upgrade will go back as planned.

That is a legitimate concern.  Remember in the last election it was a real thing, the big blue mail boxes were being removed for a whole lot of locations across the country making it even more difficult for voters to mail in their ballots.  And other attempts were made to slow the process down too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/election-wait-mail-ballots-swing-states-rcna140221

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

I try not to use tracking as much as possible.

I am one of the lucky few who when decided to sell something I picked something that didn't need tracking as much.

I started selling toys but stopped due to tracking...and International complications.

I have had no problems to speak of lately.

And going on 2 years nothing lost.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

He is going to wait until the up and coming election and then start IMPLEMENTING during that time to disrupt again I imagine. This guy is a Trump bud. Hope we would be all prepared for that again. 

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Except, Trump is not president now. So maybe the current administration is getting really nervous about this guys plans.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

you posted: 

DeJoy is currently our Postmaster General.  He was appointed in June of 2020 by then President Donald Trump.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

More useless garbage from Congress, all they are doing is kicking the can down the road just like everything else that they should but are not doing.

The reorganization/consolidation is needed, more delays just means more disruptions down the road and generally poorer service in the meantime.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Biden can't remove him. Board can but they won't. 

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Before his "plan" went into affect I had 1 lost parcel, since implementing his plan I've had 6 in 2 months. He doesn't want to make the USPS better. He is invested in their competitors. 

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

The USPS has been a mess for years, mostly due to Congress handcuffing them.

I know that there have been a lot of problems with some of DeJoy's directions, but a lot needed to change with the USPS  (one of those changes is that they seem to be moving toward a slower, small package delivery service). 

The bottom line is that change was needed, change is happening, and the good changes and bad changes will need to be sorted out as this evolves.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@mam98031 

Postmaster Louis DeJoy's is currently promoting "Delivering for America" by USPS.

Today, I had a long discussion about USPS with the senior clerk at my local post office.  She admitted to being very upset when DeJoy authorized the removal of a huge segment of the automatic sorting machines at the biggest USPS Distribution Center in Minnesota -- just before the 2020 election.

At the same time, DeJoy had ordered the removal of hundreds of USPS "blue boxes," primarily from urban neighborhoods in Minnesota.

We also discussed the crooked deal which DeJoy had implemented between USPS and Amazon, which mandates that the delivery of Amazon packages carries more importance than the delivery of regular USPS mail -- and that Sunday deliveries are scheduled ONLY for Amazon deliveries.

That means that DeJoy has budgeted 1 day out of 7 for the purposes of delivering ONLY packages by Amazon -- a billion dollar corporation that can easily afford to make their own deliveries, rather than to squander USPS budgets, paid for by you and me.

"Delivering for America"?  

In the words of Colonel Sherman T. Potter from "M*A*S*H":  "Horse hockey."

More like "Delivering for Amazon."

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

I love USPS and rarely have any issues. It has become political is a bummer but what isn't these days. My friends that currently work for USPS think most of the problems are with the workforce.  A lot of employees that do not want to work nor care about there job. You can't fix the system if the system does not want to be fixed.  Some think Dejoy's approach a little harsh (which i think is not fair) but what is the other option besides to continue to fail. I hope he turns it around because i do like using them. Congress is useless and will only complicate everything. (For the worse)

I am all for the worker when the worker wants to work.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply