cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking my parcel

Hi there. I just bought an item from China about a week ago. I've been tracking it on the UPS website and it says the destination is USA. I live in South Africa and clearly gave the seller the correct shipping address. So why is it telling me the destination is USA? Should I be worried? My seller isn't responding.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Tracking my parcel

Hard to tell with that limited info, but the bottom line @niap73 is you're generally covered if the item is not delivered to the address on your order. Check your email order confirmation from eBay and take note of the estimated delivery date - it's usually a range. If the range is, for example, May 15 - May 25 and you don't receive the package by then, you can file a non-receipt claim starting May 26 and for a period of 30 days.

Check the estimated delivery from that order confirmation and mark it on your calendar. Instructions for filing a non-receipt claim in case you end up needing them: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Tracking my parcel

And what if the seller happens to have deleted their account? I just tried contacting them again and now it says the user no longer exist. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Tracking my parcel

The seller cannot delete their account while they have active transactions. If they are NARU (not a registered user) that means eBay banned them.

It does not mean you will not get your item, however with the odd tracking you noted previously it could mean that.

Ultimately, you can still file a non-receipt claim following the instructions I provided above. When is estimated delivery?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Tracking my parcel

Estimated delivery is 2 Jun-4July.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Tracking my parcel

If the estimated delivery date is between 2 June-4July, there is absolutely nothing you can do about this til July 5th.

You saw the EDD when you made the purchase, which means that you were willing to wait til then or you would not have made the purchase, right?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply