cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not responding

Hey guys! I'm a new ebuyer brand new! And I already have fear 🤣 I've read the terms and conditions of estimated delivery, but the days keep moving, yesterday it was Thursday-monday then it was friday-wensday but he hasn't sent the item and he won't reply to me so I don't know what to do in regards of the estimated delivery time as it just keeps moving through time pahaha it dosnt stick to its time so I'm panicking and I don't get how I'd be able to let ebay know if it never hits the estimated delivery date 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Seller not responding

First, the estimated delivery date does not move.  When you made your purchase, you saw an estimated delivery date.  That IS the date you should expect to receive your package.  Again, it does not change.

If/when your package does not arrive by that date, return here and we'll tell you what to do.  You are well protected by the Money Back Guarantee.  Have you read it? 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

Sellers are not required to upload tracking or communicate.

All you should be concerned with are the last estimated date  of delivery. If the last estimated date of delivery has past you can open an item not received case. 
Read this to learn how>>>Returns,items not received, and refunds for buyers

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

You can see the estimated delivery date under order details. 

If you are looking at the listing itself, the date will change as they are giving the estimated delivery date based on if the item is purchased the day you are looking at it.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

Sometimes a transaction does not complete satisfactorily. Best you can do is relax & wait. 

Under normal circumstances, the estimated delivery date is fixed & won't change. Under limited circumstances, that can be changed by ebay based upon shipping information provided by the seller for service used & tracking uploaded.

Wait out the end of the estimate window before you worry. While tracking is not required to be uploaded, tracking IS attached to every parcel service at USPS included with postage paid. It does not come with envelope service below priority mail. Many sellers will include tracking because the modern world requires proof for claims filing on their end.

A good seller would respond to a buyer's inquiry. Not all will. Should the item not be delivered by the end of the delivery window, open up a request under item not received: Returns, Items not Received & Refunds for Buyers. The item in question should appear in a window on this page. You can also open it on your purchases page under the More Action button on the right side of the transaction, return request.

If you do open a request, do not ever close it until after you receive the resolution you desire. You only get one chance at the process.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

"Under normal circumstances, the estimated delivery date is fixed & won't change. Under limited circumstances, that can be changed by ebay based upon shipping information provided by the seller for service used & tracking uploaded."

-----------------

@kalyoth 

Under which circumstances does it change?  I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

@soh.maryl wrote:

First, the estimated delivery date does not move.  When you made your purchase, you saw an estimated delivery date.  That IS the date you should expect to receive your package.  Again, it does not change.

If/when your package does not arrive by that date, return here and we'll tell you what to do.  You are well protected by the Money Back Guarantee.  Have you read it? 

When eBay does move the estimated delivery date like this:

nenu5410_0-1715817358622.jpeg

What did you read in the Money Back Guarantee @soh.maryl when that happens?

Can you still start a Money Back Guarantee right after the original latest estimated delivery date

-- or did you have to wait until after the new later latest estimated delivery date to start your Money Back Guarantee?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

Hi @fatgash89 . You are correct that the estimated delivery date (EDD) can change. Here are some important things to note:

- Your email order confirmation will show you the original EDD so this is why I frequently advise buyers to check that original order confirmation for the most accurate info. If the EDD is a window like May 15 - May 25, then May 25 is the EDD you look at before you consider filing a non-receipt claim.

- If the item has not shipped yet, you may find the order details page is a good place to access EDD, but still that original email is the best place to look at when determining your claim window.

- Assuming the item has shipped and there is tracking, when you view the order details it will show you the current EDD based on latest info from the carrier. This EDD is not what you look at when determining whether or not you can file a claim.

- eBay has made a lot of great improvements to the tracking pop-up since Dec 2023. One of the more recent improvements is they add tracking scans when the carrier's EDD changes so you can see history within tracking. (See image below.)

- As mentioned above, if you are looking at the listing it will show you the EDD if you were to purchase the item today, so the listing is never a good source to find EDD for an order already paid for.

- Another way to definitively determine your claim window is to try and file a claim (instructions). If you have not reached the tail end of the window yet, eBay will tell you. For example, if they say you can't file a claim before May 25, then generally you have to wait until May 25 passes and then you have 30 days starting May 26 as day 1 to file the claim.

Screenshot of eBay tracking showing EDD changing on in-transit item per updates from the carrier:

tracking-EDDchange.png

Keep in mind this info is specific to the .com site. As you are in the UK you may find process may differ slightly. For best advice in future I suggest posting your questions to community.ebay.co.uk if you made your purchase on the UK site.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

@soh.maryl wrote:

Hi @soh.maryl . See my above post - should help explain why buyers are often confused by ever-changing EDDs.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

@nenu-5410 wrote: 

When eBay does move the estimated delivery date like this:

nenu5410_0-1715817358622.jpeg

eBay sends those emails when dynamic EDD is earlier than expected. Fortunately they do not send those emails when dynamic EDD is pushed out - would probably result in too many upset buyers if they did that. When dynamic EDD is pushed out buyer can see it on tracking & order details.

For non-receipt claims, eBay goes by the original 'static' EDD shown at time of purchase, found on order confirmation email. Sellers unfortunately have no visibility to original EDD once they mark an item shipped. Original EDD on order details is replaced by the current dynamic EDD from carrier.

Sellers would have to screenshot the order details page before shipping to maintain visibility to the original EDD. In my opinion, eBay should update the order details page on the seller's side to show both original and current EDD so sellers have visibility to both claim timelines and buyer expectations.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

The USPS is changing the routing on some packages while they are in transit and updating their delivery estimate when they do.

This has no bearing on when you can file an item not received claim. That is based on the original Estimated Delivery Date on the Listing page, not the tracking info.

When the estimated delivery date on the tracking is changed, that is a pass through of a USPS change.

There is nothing your seller can do to cause or prevent this.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

Unfortunately, eBay does update the new estimated delivery date

Y0kdsf[pkdspkfpksdpkfpsdkapfkpskdaf[shan0.jpg

to be later than the original estimated delivery date

Y0kdsf[pkdspkfpksdpkfpsdkapfkpskdaf[shbn0.jpg

regardless that could enrage the buyers.

e0dsofhsdfoiuashdfuiohasodn0.jpg

And this may also affect the SNAD return which eBay allows for a late arrival.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

Thanks for the screenshots showing that's from the same order. I've only ever gotten the emails on items with a quicker EDD.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

Should a tracking number be attached, ebay, through data received from the carrier, can shorten or lengthen the estimate. Happens to me all the time. I have not seen it change due to shipping of the parcel alone by a seller. Always was connected to the carrier updating the tracking within their network.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Seller not responding

I understand that. But I believe the op was concerned that the estimated delivery date for when they could open an item not received claim was changing and that original edd does not change regardless what the carrier is predicting.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply