cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!!!!HELP!!!! Package I purchased "in transit" for 4 days! Will i ever get it???

I purchased an item off ebay, and the seller shipped it on Tuesday. It reached the distribution center about an hour away the next day. I always get my packages the day after it reaches the Richmond distribution center. For three or four days there has been no scan update, and it has gone back and forth between saying different kinds of "in transit" messages. The current message s: Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility. Will I ever get this package? It is very important, and it was shipped Priority Mail. I have already submitted a find my package from (not a missing mail search). Any advice would be appreciated, but I would most like to know based on the experiences you have had if my package is gone for good. Tracking 9505510005710175652318. Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: !!!!!HELP!!!! Package I purchased "in transit" for 4 days! Will i ever get it???

Be patient.  Go to the USPS website, track your package and sign up for text and email alerts.  That usually wiggles a package free.  USPS has had a ton of delays since the pandemic started, but they usually shake free in the system.  Honestly 4 days isn't much of a delay, I know it's frustrating, but just be patient and it will get to you.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: !!!!!HELP!!!! Package I purchased "in transit" for 4 days! Will i ever get it???

Thank you! I have signed up for the alerts! I normally wouldn't be so worried but it is a $450 item that I got for $100. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It was scanned yesterday so don't worry.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

While one person suggested signing up for email alerts, that does nothing to get your package moving. It doesn't alert the post office that there is a problem. By 'find my package' do you mean you opened a 'where is my package' case? If not, then go to the USPS and do that. I normally have success getting a package moving when I open a case. I wouldn't at all think your package is gone for good at this point. A few days is nothing, especially during this pandemic where a lot of mail is being delayed.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes I opened a where is my package case. Thanks for the info!
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I'm pretty sure that that is just the automated update when it is not scanned for the past many hours

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The advice is OD on chill pills. We are in a pandemic! USPS is not working fast with a low amount of employees. Ask God for patience

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It took about two days to get a response to my "where is my package" request.  It shook it free and got it delivered.....

But...I wasn't asking about a package only 4 days after shipping.  So if they work on requests based on how long an item hasn't moved, you are going to fall behind people like me who were looking for something mailed 6/8 that had arrived at the distribution center on 6/13 and had been supposedly in transit from 6/17 (with no updates) until 6/24 when I opened my case.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Tracking updates are a little slow over the weekends.  Your package arrived on 5/24 at 5:30 PM in Richmond, VA.  You should see updated scans tomorrow morning.  Til then relax.

Have had packages that were scanned as being in the possession of the USPS and the next scan was it was Delivered a few days later.  The USPS can work in mysterious ways but overall they do a good job (there is no Utopia) - I can't  say they are  our heroes as they state on a poster at our our local PO - the are just people that are doing the job responsibilities that they agreed to when they hired on.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the help everyone! I will post on here when it arrives!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

To wrap up this topic, I did receive the package the next day! My package just experienced a delay because of the virus. Thanks for the help everyone!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Got this today.   " An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.  "

Well is it weather or an " emergency situation " ?  Just what is that anyway?

Just   give it a few days, it will start to move again.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply