cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like the Energizer Bunny-this Seller just keeps on going.

Seller on eBay with 17,958 Negative Feedbacks for the last 12 months.  Seller rating is 84.2.  My neck hurts from shaking my neck.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Like the Energizer Bunny-this Seller just keeps on going.

@budstewart 

Wow! That seller has been naughty.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ha ha ha. About 49 negatives a day.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@budstewart 

Buyers are buying and he has been making $$$ for the venue, so why not?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@flyingmvp wrote:

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@budstewart 

Buyers are buying and he has been making $$$ for the venue, so why not?

Well the main question is, should buyers with a poor feedback rating, and likely not even able to keep TRS statistics, be rewarded by top spots in search?

For years if you lost TRS it would be a substantial hit to your search placement. But they seem to have stopped doing that recently. Feedback means absolutely nothing, and TRS means very little compared to what it used to.

It would make the most sense for their search algorithms to reward sellers who follow eBay's best practices and represent eBay with a positive experience.

But nowadays, treating your customers well and giving them a positive experience harms your own business more than it helps it, as you take a loss for the customer and it isn't rewarded by eBay. That, in my opinion, is a major problem.

Not to mention, it raises questions as to if this seller is getting special treatment by eBay. Similar to how there's a number of major eBay stores who have huge amounts of feedback scrubbed and removed daily without using a single feedback revision. But if we bring attention to these stores in public, we'll receive warnings for "naming and shaming", even if we don't shame the store at all and simply mention that it's not fair for eBay to not treat sellers on equal terms.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply