cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Lost a Global Shipping Order Made Me Refund and Gave Me Defect for Never Arrived

It's to bad Ebay can't be a little bit more like a team player for sellers.

I shipped a graphing calculator to Canada, printed the label and sent it off.

The addresss was for Ebay hub in Miami. That's new to me but maybe the location changed.

A few days later I got the message received. Didn't think any more of it. Few days later the buyer contacted me. He seen the dekivered tracking delivered to Miami. So I called ebay. Took them a while because they didnt know why it went to miami, back on hold, then they gave me a tracking number provided by the forwarding company, to the Canadian address. This has been a delay, but the seller was okay, so again, I'm out of it.

No. After a few days, I didn't see any movement from the new tracking number. I contacted Ebay, they told me contact the forwarding company. First of all, once it arrived at ebays hub, it is the responsibility for getting this to the Int;l buyer, it is THEY who needs to contact the forwarding company themselves and communicate with the buyer. I fealt like messenger relaying messages for ebay. So I tried to contact the company, big hassle. I called ebay back. They said it was out of their hands it is now up to the forwarder. Okay I said, please talk to my buyer and explain this situation. They said they would and deal with the forwarding issue.

Okay. Finally after a week and a half or so, it is out of my hands. The buyer is getting impatient now but still okay Five days later tracking showed still in Miami and the buyer requested a refund. I don't blame him, but I am not the one who owes them. I called Ebay they insisted they didn't owe the refund Even though it was their responsibility once it rached Miami.

So I sent the refund. The package never did arrive, so I am out the $50 calculator that ebay lost. And then to top that off I got a defect for a shipment never arriving.

I appealed this and they stood by their decision.

I have several late shipping defects because of postal delays (U.S), totally out of my control. Some cases where the USPS was a day or to before it even left the city. Other times you could see the tracking was not showing any updates and it would be stalled for a few days and move on. Because these didnt get to the buyer in Ebays promised timeline, I got defects for late shipping and late delivery. I appealed these defects to ebay, and they stood by their decision.

Now I am below standard in Ebay jail, struggling to make sales to bring the defect percentage down and move back , but ebay is continuing to punish me.

Sometimes Ebay doesnt understand that we are a team here And when they do us wrong like this it makes you wodnder why we do business with them at all.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Ebay Lost a Global Shipping Order Made Me Refund and Gave Me Defect for Never Arrived

EISD hubs all over the US @ittybitnot . If they keep EISD around, the confusion will continue, especially as many sellers call both EISD and EIS "global shipping" just like the OP did. eBay didn't do us any favors by using similar names for the services.

The impression I got from the OP is eBay forced the refund through an INR claim, which is another reason to think it was EISD. if package was delivered to hub, but not to buyer, then seller is supposed to refund and file an insurance claim.

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

Re: Ebay Lost a Global Shipping Order Made Me Refund and Gave Me Defect for Never Arrived

I liked EISD and I kept it for as long as I could until eBay made me change to EIS. There's no way for me to select EISD and there hasn't been for a while. 

They actually automatically put everything on EIS for me around July 1st. 

Screenshot_20231228_095332_Gmail.jpg

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

If you wanted to @sapphire_studio you could:

1. Opt out of eBay International Shipping and offer eBay International standard Delivery instead.

2. Offer both options, if your account has been switched over. My account's been switched over so buyers now have a choice between my direct shipping services or eIS.

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

If the address in Miami is a Freight Forwarder and tracking shows it was delivered to the Miami address, appeal on the grounds that the buyer lost their MBG by using a freight forwarder.

If the address you were given was the Miami address and it shows delivered there, you've done your job and they need to reimburse you for what they wrongly refunded the buyer.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 19 of 40
latest reply

So I have been able to use eBay international standard delivery this whole time? I had that option on everything and they manually removed it and added Eis instead, so I just assumed (like that email said) that now my only choices were EIS or shipping directly myself.

My International sales have been really bad ever since I've been on EIS (because of the added price for the buyer). With EISD I always found it really easy to get a refund from ebay if the package was lost in transit. So it felt like a nice Middle Ground protection while saving some money for the buyer (promoting more sales). I just didn't think it was an actual option still. Crazy.

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Shipping to Miami is a Freight Forwarder, one of many in the US that International Customers use. 

It is NOT owned by Ebay. 

If package didn't make it to them, per tracking, you are are the hook- no different than you shipping anything to anywhere in the US and not getting there. 

As far as 'late shipping'; that is also on you. You have to be sure the package shows 'received' by the carrier within your handling time. 

Best to either walk them into the carrier and have items scanned in, getting a receipt (you can then check tracking next day on eBay and it will show 'in hands of carrier') and/or extend your 'handling' time to 5 days. 

Right on.  Unless one is enrolled in eIS and makes sure that they are ONLY enrolled in eIS International buyers can still use a freight forwarder

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

So I have been able to use eBay international standard delivery this whole time? I had that option on everything and they manually removed it and added Eis instead, so I just assumed (like that email said) that now my only choices were EIS or shipping directly myself.

Yes. All you had to do was opt out of eIS when your account was opted in. Technically EISD is considered shipping directly since seller is responsible end-to-end, even though it's going through a hub.

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

@retro_entertainment_collectibles wrote:

Unless one is enrolled in eIS and makes sure that they are ONLY enrolled in eIS International buyers can still use a freight forwarder

Why do you say "unless"? Even when a seller is enrolled in eIS with no other international shipping options offered, there is nothing that will prevent an international buyer from using a US freight forwarder. Offering eIS does not prevent the use of a FF.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for your help! I just opted out of EIS and will add EISD when that is done processing. I know I am risking having to deal with returns but I have never had a single return with EIS and I know I have lost a significant number of sales.

You mentioned that you have EIS and the option for them to choose for you to ship to them directly. Do any of them actually choose EIS?

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

I am not seeing any option for eBay international standard delivery. All I see when I bulk edit for international shipping are these options:

Screenshot_20231228_102556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

You mentioned that you have EIS and the option for them to choose for you to ship to them directly. Do any of them actually choose EIS?

Too early to tell. Account was switched a week ago to dual-offerings and I'm currently closed down until year end.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

Here is a better photo of all the options I have available for international shipping so the top part isn't cut off:

Is there a different way to add EISD?

Screenshot_20231228_103018_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

Just posting to the discussion in general. 

I looked and the EISD information is still visible in the help pages. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

There is also a handy link to file a claim for the $100 seller protection should the parcel become lost or damaged should it be an EISD sale as suspected. 

@farnorthsid  See if you are able to file the claim in the link provided ^^^^^^^.

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

post us a screenshot of the shipping label. Maybe that could help us out.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

So I sent the refund.

And then to top that off I got a defect for a shipment never arriving.

Now I am below standard in Ebay jail

This does not make any sense to me.

The only two defects that put you Below Standard are "Cases closed without seller resolution" and "Seller initiated cancellations".

"Shipment not arriving" is not a defect that affects seller status and puts you Below Standard.

When you sent the refund, how exactly did you do that? Did you handle the dispute within the proper time frame, or did you let it get to the point where eBay stepped in?

What does your seller dashboard say is the reason you are Below Standard? There must be something else at play here.

Message 30 of 40
latest reply