cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book and Ephemera

Hello to all bibliophiles and purveyors of ephemera. Having a penchant for the literary movements and collecting rare ephemera, have made a few purchases online and have been somewhat disappointed upon receipt of item. Never complained and understand if something is just put in envelope with a stamp, then it is susceptible to damage. What is the best way to ship books and paper for you? Thanks!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Book and Ephemera

@bluewate-61 wrote:

Hello to all bibliophiles and purveyors of ephemera. Having a penchant for the literary movements and collecting rare ephemera, have made a few purchases online and have been somewhat disappointed upon receipt of item. Never complained and understand if something is just put in envelope with a stamp, then it is susceptible to damage. What is the best way to ship books and paper for you? Thanks!

If you don't complain then the sellers who don't know how to properly package will just continue to do what they do.

I sell mostly records, tapes & cd's and a few books,  I often get instructions from buyers as if I don't have a clue, they do this because while it's not true for me there are lots of sellers who don't know how to package properly.

I also sell some paper items, they are sent as a sandwich using two pieces (or folded) of micro-flute cardboard which is very stiff, that then goes in a poly bubble envelope. Some people just use flimsy box board that can easily be badly bent either in transit or more often when the carrier tries to stuff it in a small mailbox.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Book and Ephemera

I know it's been a while, but I'm curious about how you charge for shipping. I would assume that any ephemera worth selling should be packaged well so it doesn't get destroyed. But, I have some vintage cards listed on eBay and I'm not sure how to choose the shipping. I was told at the post office that a small paper book I shipped - which was close enough to a book  that I chose media mail, that if I had chosen to send it first class it would have cost about a dollar but it wouldn't have tracking. So how do you choose shipping for, say, a 4 X 6 card that would be shipped in a cardboard envelope? Or an 8X 10  piece of ephemera inside cardboard with a poly mailer - do you ship as a package? Not sure how to do this! Thanks for information.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply