Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund my money from the site ebay

I want to get my money back from the site and they said it is not possible 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Refund my money from the site ebay

Sorry I am confused, are you the buyer or seller?

If you are the seller, was it listed under a different username and are you actually in the USA? 

This reads like the used car scam, where someone buys a car from another site or email for a very low price and is told eBay is handling the transaction. eBay has nothing to do with listings not on their site or messages someone may receive saying that eBay is involved. 

If you did have a listing and took it off eBay's site for payment, you are not covered in any way and may be charged eBay and might still be charges selling fees. 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@sare-4411 wrote:

I did not sell it. He asked me for 40 sales orders, so I sold 35. They asked for a lot of money and I did not have it. I told them I wanted to cancel this order. They said it is not possible. 

I'm really sorry, @sare-4411, but you have been deceived by a scammer.

You are not selling items on eBay ... you have been giving your money to a thief, who is not associated with eBay.

Here's a warning and explanation that was posted by the government in the Phillippines:

https://acg.pnp.gov.ph/main/press-releases/571-acg-issues-warning-over-surge-in-%E2%80%9Ctask-scam%E...

(Sadly, this page is not available anymore, but here's a screenshot of the information:)

lacemaker3_0-1715879254617.png

lacemaker3_1-1715879254667.png

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@lacemaker3 

That link takes you to a page that no longer exists.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

انا البائع من العراق لقد اورطني شخث من تايلاند يعمل لصالح الشركه 

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

لقد اورطني شخص من تايلاند وقال ان ربح كثير فقد بيع وضع نقودك في الموق

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@sare-4411 wrote:

انا البائع من العراق لقد اورطني شخث من تايلاند يعمل لصالح الشركه 

I am the seller from Iraq. A man from Thailand who works for the company implicated me
لقد اورطني شخص من تايلاند وقال ان ربح كثير فقد بيع وضع نقودك في الموقA person from Thailand implicated me and said that he made a lot of profit by selling and putting your money on the market

إجابة:

أنا آسف، ولكن هذا الرجل لم يعمل لدى موقع إيباي. لقد كان محتالاً وكذب عليك.

ربما لم يكن من تايلاند. عادة ما يكذبون بشأن أسمائهم وهويتهم وموقعهم أيضًا.

لا علاقة لعملية الاحتيال هذه بـ eBay، ولا يمكن لـ eBay مساعدتك في هذا الأمر. موقع eBay لا يملك أموالك، لقد أعطيتها للمحتالين.

Answer:
I'm sorry, but that man did not work for eBay. He was a scammer and he lied to you.

He probably wasn't from Thailand. They usually lie about their name, identity and location as well.

This scam does not have anything to do with eBay, and eBay can't help you with this. eBay doesn't have your money, you gave it to scammers.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@lacemaker3 

That link takes you to a page that no longer exists.

Yes, that's why I included the screenshots of what it used to show. It was the best information I could find, when this scam started to hit the boards. The information is still very useful, and it's a shame it's not available any more.

Your link to the malware bytes page is also very useful.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@sare-4411 wrote:

He makes his money by taking your and sticking it in his pocket.

Have a great day.
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Further investigation reveals that we're still going to need more information.

You registered on eBay with this ID on 05/06/24.

On this ID, you have NO FB as either a buyer or seller.  

It appears you've sold nothing on this ID.

If you want help or advice, you will have to return and offer more information.  You should be able to see the reason for that.  

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

AGAIN, not enough information.  Who asked you for "40 sales orders"? What does that mean? Did this happen on a different ID, because, AGAIN, you have sold nothing under this ID.  

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Why would we need more information? 

The OP was being scammed by a scammer that took their money on some sort of Task scheme.

It has nothing to do with eBay, the scammer just used the eBay name to gain the OPs trust. 
If you read message # 17 by @lacemaker3  and the link in my post message # 14 to gain insight to the con the scammer used to take the OPs money. 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@sare-4411 

كيف استرجع نقودي من الموقع المحتالHow do I get my money back from the scam site?

إجابة:

للأسف، قد لا يكون من الممكن استرداد أموالك. أفضل نصيحة موضحة أدناه، من الرابط الذي قدمه @ebooksdiva  سابقً

Answer:

Sadly, it may not be possible to recover your money. The best advice is shown below, from the link that @ebooksdiva provided earlier.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/ebay-job-scam/

lacemaker3_0-1715944628429.png

Message 27 of 27
latest reply