cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Variation's Multiple Attribute's Order Not Intact / Not Working

Hi eBay web-interface devs,
item variation's multiple attribute's order is not working.
during item variation editing it shows correctly to seller/editor , what was previously set,
but, once saved and when viewed from a computer, etc , those attribute's order is NOT appearing in correct order, what was set by the seller during item editing.

in some items, displayed attribute order is correct , but for some items displayed order is NOT correct.

when a buyer/user/viewer selects an item from the top most incorrect attribute 1st , then other attributes do not work properly.

for now , items which are affected by this ebay web-interface bug, there, in description, in 1st line, i have mentioned to users : select the 2nd or 3rd attribute 1st time, then other attributes , becasue the top-most attribute is not the correct 1st attribute.

please find the bug, & fix this.

thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item Variation's Multiple Attribute's Order Not Intact / Not Working

@atikotek-1 

Can you provide an item number as an example?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

in multiple items of mine, this is happening 😞
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384171384974 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/384211565523

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@atikotek-1 

I would recommend that you download a report from Seller Hub called "edit price and quantity".

That report will contain your variation names.  Check the master record row for your problem listings (ignore the list of individual variations below the master row). Are the variation names in the correct order in that report, or are they in the same wrong order that you see on your listings?

Seller Hub - uploader - download templateSeller Hub - uploader - download template

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, for detail instruction & help.

inside the report csv file , variation names are also in incorrect order.

but when i edit variation the correct attribute is in the top.

when i noticed such first ,  i purposefully changed variation attribute order , during editing , and wanted  to see , if it gets fix when correct order is set again after re-editing,
but that does not work.

items which begins to show it incorrectly, that shows incorrectly even after editing.

but how can such programming error happen , unless it is not a deliberate implanted act ? !
in ebay web-interface backend programming , if i pull the attribute records by using database calls , then order will always be same for any ebay item , no matter what the item actually is , it will pull exactly in the same order, the order that was set by item variation editor.

so i suspect, someone made another program, which can intercept some items, OR, it is a end-point programming coding mistake or deliberate coding act , and which is creating such incorrect order , so that item variations are displayed incorrectly so that user/buyer cannot figure it out quickly on that item page what will be the price of a specific item , so that buyer wil ignore it & goto another seller's item.

it appears, ebay is sabotaging/hacking END-POINT (of data-flow) : presentation of variation-order , or,  editing/creation of variations.

if its not ebay's own sabotage, then responsible party/component would be & can be:
in one endpoint : where variation data was created : the JavaScript that runs in client side (in web-browser/app) , during variation-editing , that could be buggy . when that JavaScript saves variation then it saves incorrectly into the back-end main database . so incorrect order is shown whenever viewed . BUT how can this happen (during saving) in some item, and not in other ? so i think its not a programing code mistaken bug , but instead its a deliberate sabotaging bug.
in another endpoint : during display of item variations/attributes to buyers/viewers , the JavaScript that presents/displays it , is showing it incorrectly.

but after watching the Template REPORT, that, Template also contains incorrect order ... so deduction is easy & clear ... during editing side/time (when variation/attributes are created) , the JavaScript working at that point for saving variation/attribute , has some (deliberate or mistaken) bug , as it is saving in incorrect order.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@atikotek-1 

Yes, I think something about the creation is saving incorrectly. Now that you have the report, you may be able to fix the order.

Select only master record rows of variations that are in the wrong order. Remove from the report all of the individual variation rows (child rows) and any master records that do not need to be fixed. You will want to edit only the master record of the bad variations.

1. First, make sure that the spreadsheet correctly displays the item number as a whole number and not as exponential notation.

2. Then very carefully sort the variation groups in the correct order.

3. Save as CSV and upload the template back to the same Seller Hub page.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply