cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if ebay does not accept my business bank account?

Hi!

I am from Europe-Latvia. I have a private account and recently I changed the account to business. I also have a llc and a business account, so I wanted to add my bank account for payouts. The issue is my local bank account does not allow debit for microdeposit, so basically for verification ebay sends 0.01 to my bank and the 0.01 can't be debited back. So ebay can't verify the bank. The bank is one of the biggest local banks around (Swedbank). I had no issues previously confirming the bank via private accounts, as then you just had o input what microdeposits did the ebay sent you. But now I don't know what to do. Any ideas? Could Revolut work?

Best wishes

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You probably need to sign up and link a Business Payoneer account to receive payouts.

Linking Payoneer

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@repairbro,

Latvia is in the EU, so you don't need Payoneer. (FYI @ebooksdiva)

As you already know, you need to attach a bank account to receive your payouts from managed payment.

@repairbro wrote:

Hi!

I am from Europe-Latvia. I have a private account and recently I changed the account to business. I also have a llc and a business account, so I wanted to add my bank account for payouts. The issue is my local bank account does not allow debit for microdeposit, ...

You need to use a bank account that allows for debits as well as deposits. You may be able to speak to your bank and change the account type, or get a different account that allows them. If not, you will need to go to a different bank.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ok whatever ..I never was much for geography.. even at my old age. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

For my case, my bank does not allow debits. That is a shame as it is basically the biggest and most used bank in my region. Basically that is why I am also creating this post to get some ideas of other banks/platforms. Does Payoneer transfer in EUR? I don't want currency exchanges etc. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi!

Are you from Europe? Is everything smooth with transactions to Payoneer? The money is transfered in EUR and then you can for example transfer to your other, regular account if needed? Is the fees fine?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@repairbro,

Since you are in the European Union, you can't use Payoneer. You need to find a bank that allows eBay to debit funds from your checking account when needed.

Based on posts from sellers who do use Payoneer, they feel that Payoneer's fees are pretty high. Apparently there's a yearly fee if they don't process enough transactions. There have been complaints.

This forum is on eBay USA, and most of the regular users are in the USA. I'm not aware of any regular posters from your region, sorry.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Try a different bank. 

Doesn't make a difference if it's a "big" bank.

A lot of USA sellers can't hook up Bank of America for payouts in certain states and that's a big bank in the USA. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

A small update if somebody from EU finds this topic - I created business account with Revolut and so far looks fine. Got verified. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply