cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transactional reserve

crazyd37
Enthusiast
Does anyone know anything about this: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=520029039&tstart=0&mod=1223489963839 I was looking at something to put a bid on and the seller was obviously annoyed and offering an alternative way to pay to avoid the transactional reserve. He mentioned this reserve and I found it at the above link. Any comments/concerns?? ____________________________________ I found some other important reasons to the why's & how's of this at this link: http://workshops.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2000560475&tstart=40&mod=1210885555745 My guess is that the seller I am referring to is relatively new & has higher priced items that could be determined to have one or more of the reasons to hold payment. Still it is something I wasn't aware of. -- Edited by crazyd37 at 10/17/2008 5:47 AM PDT
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: transactional reserve

So, reading the ebay explanation made me more confused. If Paypal holds funds without telling the seller, how does this seller know which of his sales are being held and what is the problem with it anyway if the funds are automatically released after 21 days? Does this make any sense at all? I don't see it as another form of payment at all. The seller must be shady...... B-)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: transactional reserve

I can't for the life of me work this out, the seller doesn't know which sale has been held, crap, when you sell paypal informs you that a payment has been made, I'm sure I wouldn't be posting anything I sold without the payment showing in my account, likewise if you buy something do you have to wait 21 days for the clearance before the seller posts to you, I can see this starting a whole lot of paypal claims, I know so many buyers in the states start claims if they haven't recieved their stuff in a week, the book I bought and still have not recieved is a prime example, the seller now has 28 negative feedback and most of the sales were a long time after mine and claims have been filed and refunds paid by paypal, I have started my claim and got the usual 30 day decission time email, paypal is getting shonkier all the time. ]:)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply