cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could add more cars/locos.

New thread to add interest. Probably done this idea before but one's taste can always change. After accumulating various cars and locos for past couple years, is there still anything left to buy or wish to buy for layout for rolling stock or locos? -- Edited by dl85vette at 09/26/2008 5:33 PM PDT
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: If you could add more cars/locos.

I would like a couple of GP60Ms and GP60Bs in Sante Fe super fleet scheme, and as far as rolling stock, nothing in particular, probably find something I'd like in the future though, maybe more closed top hoppersLOL. ]:)
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

-I have a L/L GP60 that someday hope to convert to GP60B unit in red/silver BNSF marking scheme. -maybe a GP40 Sante Fe blue/yellow warbonnet -few Atlas plastic pellet hoppers. -I/M (pink) Klemmes Co-op grain hopper -I/M IMC global grain hopper -I/M CN continent scheme hopper -I/M CN envirnment scheme hopper -FMC hopper NO more intermodal or autoracks or tankcar. (not that I have 2 dozen or 200 tankcars) Those are the obvious want list
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You know, when I worked at the hobby shop and could get a discount, I bought every billboard refer I could get my hands on from MT, Red Caboose, Intermountain, Life-Like, Bev-Bel, Atlas.....you get the point. I had over 400 refers in N scale and no place to run them. I could put about 100 on the layout at a time, but wow, was that a long train. Then I sold it all. :( So today I have a larger scale and only a total of 15 cars. To answer the question........I wouldn't add more cars. Just more layout. B-)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I still have an open list of lots of stuff, and no regular layout yet! But how about: - a bunch of Athearn Overland cars to bash into C&P, GC&C, WVaC&P passenger cars. - WM 4-6-6-4 Challenger or two - GG1 and passenger cars even though it does not fit what I am doing - a couple PRR heavyweight coaches, baggage - a couple Bachmann Ten Wheelers and Russian Decapods (when, if they make them, you can see this will keep me busy for a long long time...) - Atlas 2-6-0 to bash into a Ten wheeler for the GC&C - Some heavyweight passenger cars for the WM - A suitable Pacific (4-6-2) for a WM loco - A Climax Class B narrow gauge and logging cars - Some good two axle streetcars for the CWERwy - A couple GP-9s to bash to low hood WM (I got some fine etched brass cab fronts the other day just for the project) - A couple RS-3's in WM - Some more bobber cabooses - Another Bachmann 2-6-6-2 to keep one 2-6-6-2 and bash to 0-6-6-0 WM - Some Bachmann long URSA tenders and three axle trucks to bash to WM 2-8-0 H9 tenders - A Bachmann slopeback PRR tender to go with my 2-6-0 bashed to 0-6-0 to pull a couple PRR passenger cars out of Cumberland over my skew bridge. I suppose I don't plan on running out of stuff to get for a long long long time... Charles PS, left off a couple GP-30's for WM, and maybe another Bachmann 2-8-0 for the WMSR no. 734. -- Edited by taz-of-boyds at 09/27/2008 9:51 PM PDT
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Once in a while I win a few Atlas cars for 4 bucks each and then paint out RR name/markings to look like the picked-up-used-boxcars that shortlines often do. Loosely based on the prototype I saw at yard here of a good portion of boxcar painted out to cover markings.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well it's not exactly adding a new loco, but my continually being repaired BLI 2-8-0 is on its way back to me from Florida. They finally gave up and are sending me a new one as a replacement. It better work! B-)
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

New MT releases. Grafitti and weathered cars. Here's the link. Order them now from your LHS. http://micro-trains.com/fstest/00_MTL%20Web/wc-BurlingtonN0812.php B-)
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I really fancy one of the Intermountain SP cab forwards, have to see what they work out at when they are available, not that I'm terribly into steam these days but it would look good with my Big Boy I think. ]:)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply