cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me to identify the item and signatures. Thank you

Please help to identify the handpainted doll head in the frame, also the signatures in the back of the frame. 

IMG_0769.JPGIMG_0768.JPGIMG_0770.JPG

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Please help me to identify the item and signatures. Thank you

Chiming in with thoughts, no proof... Looks like one signature to me based on the flow and the same silver paint pen. I see something like Richard Hensley or the like. Thinking it number 8 of 10 and was created in November 2017 [ie. 8/10 11/17]

Looks inspired by / derivative if Klaudia Gaugier's horka dolls

re, macabre horror doll shadow box art

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

I see Richard He* nnesy

remsy

remcz

etc. et.al. ad nauseam 

If I was guessing, I would bet that the doll was one piece and the rest was another, hence the two dates...

OR 

That this piece was a burr in Richard's saddle, and he's memorializing the 7 years between start and finish. 

I think I lean more to the latter. 

I've had a few pieces that lurked in my studio for a number of years, and upon finally finishing, I have seriously considered including the start and end dates when signing. Just because it was such a PAIN. 

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

If I were writing a print number and a date, I would write them a bit differently from one another.  So I still think these are two dates, the earlier for the photograph, the latter for the drawing superimposed on the photo.  

Rita

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

At any rate I would say it's a straight choice between the theory that 8/10 is a limitation number, and the theory that there is a seven-year gap between the two dates. I can't see the artist dating the piece "10 August" and "17 November," with no indication of the year at all.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Here's a thought, open the 4 swivel latches and see if there is any further info there.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Goth art is a small area. Might check with some gallery that handle such..

Goth art  shadow box> found one close but no way it was this  artist...

Message 36 of 36
latest reply