cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay contact question

I have a question about a product description that I cant get answered from the seller. I see no way to contact Ebay about this. Is this correct? Am I correct that there is no one you can talk to at Ebay about any issues you cant resolve?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay contact question

@irvingjclyde wrote:

I have a question about a product description that I cant get answered from the seller. I see no way to contact Ebay about this. Is this correct? Am I correct that there is no one you can talk to at Ebay about any issues you cant resolve?

I gotta ask the obvious. What would ebay know about a seller's description?

Ask your question here...if needed provide an item number and you can probably get a fairly good, educated answer. If not, what do you have to lose?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

To answer your question, yes, there's no speaking to eBay staff. You can ask another question here, however, and someone may be able to answer it 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

Talking to eBay would be pointless. They can't force a seller to communicate, and they have no more information about the listing than you do. If the seller won't answer your questions you should move along and find a seller who actually wants your business.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

@irvingjclyde 

If you ever find your way back here..............

Is it about this?

misrepresented products - The eBay Community

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

Here is my question I tried to get Ebay to help me with. I want to know if Ebay  polices their sellers who may be misrepresenting items for sale. In this case, what I have to lose is my health if I am being sold defective water filters.  Here was my question: "Am looking to replace a water filter in my Frigidaire refrigerator. The replacement filters I see show the Frigidaire factory box with filters in the product display page but when I look at the details I cant tell if these filters are OEM or after market filters. Are sellers allowed to show a factory part for a non factory original part? This is misrepresentation if what I suspect is true? These filters do not give any details as to what they filter out except "chlorine and odor" I sent the seller a question for what substances this filter removes but will see if I get a response." So there is no live person at Ebay that will help its member/customers? Amazon has live people to help so I am trying to determine if I quit using Ebay that I have used for years both buying and selling.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

@irvingjclyde 

Amazon would only be able to answer your question for items for which they're the seller. They'll have no more idea for listings where the item's sold by a third-party seller than eBay does.

On any given day there are approximately 1.7 billion listings on eBay. Since every single one of those is sold by a third-party seller eBay has no means of vetting any of them. They've never physically seen the product; they're forced to rely on the seller's description. So they have a comprehensive Money Back Guarantee. If a listing pictures a factory filter and you receive an aftermarket filter you can return it, at the seller's expense, for a refund.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

@irvingjclyde wrote:

In this case, what I have to lose is my health if I am being sold defective water filters.  

If it's that important, buy from an authorized dealer.

A lot of fakes sold here.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

You can talk to ebay, but you can't call them, they have to call you. Tap help and contact link until you see Have Us Call You. Save the link as a favorite so you never have to search for it again. Remember ebay cannot force a seller to answer you and ebay cannot answer questions about descriptions. Sometimes it's just easier to move on and find something else to buy.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@irvingjclyde wrote:

In this case, what I have to lose is my health if I am being sold defective water filters.  

If it's that important, buy from an authorized dealer.

A lot of fakes sold here.

^^^THIS^^^

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Ebay contact question

As others have said, you can either buy the filters, knowing that you can return them if they're not as described.

Or you can move on and find another seller.

Contacting eBay in this situation is a waste of time.  No one employed by eBay ever actually inspects items that are listed here.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply