cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item damaged during shipping

An item I shipped was damaged during shipping, do I refund the buyers shipping cost?  Also, can I tell the buyer to keep the item instead of paying for shipping back?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: item damaged during shipping

Yes and Yes.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi @luv2danz 

Which pair of shoes was it and were they shipped in a box with adequate wrapping and protection?  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Capezio Silver Open toe dance shoes.   They were in a shoe box with tissue and then in a USPS shoe box.  Looks like the leather cracked from the heat? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@luv2danz wrote:

Capezio Silver Open toe dance shoes.   They were in a shoe box with tissue and then in a USPS shoe box.  Looks like the leather cracked from the heat? 

@luv2danz   I am doubtful that leather cracks from one shipment ... considering they were shipped from the factory to at least one store before when they were initially sold.  Leather cracks over time and use ... are you sure the pictures the Buyer supplied were actually the shoes you sent them?

We've shipped shoes on occasion, each one gets individually wrapped in bubble wrapped and additional packing is added so they cannot shift around at all. 

Regards,
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The pics they sent are legit.  I will need to do a better job in the future making sure they don't shift around.  Its not the leather that cracked but the silver on the shoes.   

Do I need to refund buyers shipping?  And can I tell her to keep them so I don't have to pay to ship them back to me?

Thanks!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@luv2danz wrote:

The pics they sent are legit.  I will need to do a better job in the future making sure they don't shift around.  Its not the leather that cracked but the silver on the shoes.   

Do I need to refund buyers shipping?  And can I tell her to keep them so I don't have to pay to ship them back to me?

Thanks!!

@luv2danz   If they file a damaged item return you will be forced to pay the return shipping and refund in full so yes, refund them their entire purchase and let them keep the shoes.  

Regards,
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@luv2danz wrote:  

@luv2danz 

Yes, you need to refund the original shipping.  [You have no grounds to refuse doing so.]

You do NOT have to pay return shipping if the shoes aren’t worth getting back.  You can tell the buyer to keep them.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply