cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toxic buyer refuses to pay

Long story short:

Listed an item, nobody bid, a person messages me begging me to let them buy it for $100. I tell them no, I’m going to relist it for 7 days. That person ends up winning the auction for $274. He doesn’t pay at all and doesn’t respond to any messages for three days. Finally he messaged how mad he was at me for not accepting his $100 offer, and that’s why he bid on it with no intention of paying for it. Said he isn’t as privileged as me so I should’ve sold it to him for $100. He threatened that if I list it again he will just bid it up without paying and said we can keep playing this “cat and mouse game.” Just very toxic and immature, and I want to let eBay know about this because I don’t want him doing this to anyone else. I’ve just never encountered this and need advice. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Toxic buyer refuses to pay

@dan_sells_stuff85 

I would immediately add this Buyer to your Blocked Buyer list or he will do the same with any new things you list. I would cease all contact with him. I would let the full four days run for him to pay. As soon as eBay shows you can cancel the sale for "Buyer did not pay", I would do that. 

I would find the Feedback Removal form on the eBay site and immediately request that the negative feedback he left for you be removed. He admits he has no intention of paying you and uses your first name. 

Finally, next to his negative feedback is a link to "report Buyer". Definitely report him.

This person is vengeance-buying. That violates eBay policies. Please follow the above advice. More Mentors may chime in with additional suggestions. I'm sorry this happened to you and wish you the best. 

eBay Seller Leader: Detroit-Ann Arbor In-Person eBay Networking Events

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@dan_sells_stuff85 

I would immediately add this Buyer to your Blocked Buyer list or he will do the same with any new things you list. I would cease all contact with him. I would let the full four days run for him to pay. As soon as eBay shows you can cancel the sale for "Buyer did not pay", I would do that. 

I would find the Feedback Removal form on the eBay site and immediately request that the negative feedback he left for you be removed. He admits he has no intention of paying you and uses your first name. 

Finally, next to his negative feedback is a link to "report Buyer". Definitely report him.

This person is vengeance-buying. That violates eBay policies. Please follow the above advice. More Mentors may chime in with additional suggestions. I'm sorry this happened to you and wish you the best. 

eBay Seller Leader: Detroit-Ann Arbor In-Person eBay Networking Events
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Cancel for non-payment after 4 calendar days.  Then the feedback will be removed for that reason.  Whether that happens automatically or you have to contact Customer Service I don't know.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much for this insight and advice! I have reported him a couple times because he has violated multiple policies. I will make sure to report the negative feedback as well. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply