cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Special Offers to Watchers

During the holidays I put some albums I was interested in buying in my watch and have since recieved several special discounted offers from a few of the sellers. My question is how are they able to contact me to offer me these discounts? I always assumed my identity was anonymous until I actually bid on an item.  But apparently this isn't the case. I have some items up for sell with several watchers on each of the items and I would like to be able to contact them and offer special prices as well. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question about Special Offers to Watchers

Hi Catz
eBay gives the ability to send watcher and anybody that views your items 3 times offers. They are anonymous to the seller.. buyers are able to opt out of receiving offers in site preferences. If applicable eBay will show send offer to buyers.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Catz
eBay gives the ability to send watcher and anybody that views your items 3 times offers. They are anonymous to the seller.. buyers are able to opt out of receiving offers in site preferences. If applicable eBay will show send offer to buyers.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi Love, thank you. I never knew that. I've been looking around my ebay page trying to see if there is an option to offer these special discounts but I haven't found anything yet. So maybe the buyers watching have all opted out of this feature. But I'll check it out again because there are over 20 people watching and it's hard to believe they've all taken the time or consideration to have opted out of this feature. I might be missing something. Thanks again for your response. I can always count on you guys to have the answers. : )

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I’m not sure where it’s located on the computer. I use my phone. I just sent one this morning and don’t have one to check. Next time I get one, I’ll check on my computer and see if I can tell you where it’s at. With 20 watchers like you said, it’s not realistic that they all opted out. Are you using seller hub?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, that would be great. No, what is sellers hub?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Great-News-eBay-Seller-Hub-Now-Available-to-All-U-S-Sell...
A place with all your selling info. It came out in 2016. I guess you still have My eBay?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

In 2016? Oh my, I am really behind the times aren't I? lol Yes, I still have My ebay. I din't realize there was anything else. Things have been a little hectic this last year but I want to start increasing my listings and start selling more. Selling on a larger scale, so this is seriously good to know. It seems I have some research to do.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I’ll provide as much help as needed. If I don’t know someone will come along with info.
Good Luck and sorry for your hectic year.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thank you Love, I appreciate that. And thanks for the info already given. It's been helpful.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

In the seller hub go to manage active listings. There will be a quick filter that says send offer eligible. After you click it a list of watched items that can have offers sent will come up. By each listing you will see edit and a drop down arrow. Click the arrow and select send offer from the list. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Also you do not have to use the quick filter. Any listing with a watcher will get the option to send offers in the drop down. Clicking on the quick filter just sorts by watcher and leaves un watched listings out of the list.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for the link @bronx-dog , I appreciate the help!

And thank you for your help also @3eyedfishcatcher , it's much appreciated also. : )

Message 13 of 13
latest reply