cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY IS THREATENING TO TAKE MY ACCOUNT AWAY BASED ON COVID SMH

I WAS HOSPITALIZED FROM MARCH UNTIL JULY 4TH WITH COVID I WAS IN ACOMA - WHEN I DIED OF COVID IT WAS THE DAY AFTER I HAD POSTED 200 ITEMS FOR SALE - OBVIOUSLY NO ONE KNEW I WAS IN A HOPSITAL ETC. MY DAUGHTER, AND MY ASSISTAND CALLED EBAY AND CHATTED AND TOLD THEM THE SITUATION THAT WAS GOING ON, I HAVE CHAT AND THEY TOLD  HER NOT TO WORRY TO EMAIL THE WINNERS AND LET THEM KNOW. AS THIS WAS DONE WINNER FILED NOT RECIEVED CASES OF WHICH THERE WAS NO ONE TO ANSWER AS I WAS IN ACOMA - AND NO EMPLOYEES AS NO MONEY COMING IN - WHEN I FINALLY CAME OUT OF ACOMA I MADE CALLS TO ALL MY MARKETPLACES EBAY BEING FIRST NOTIFIED THEM OF MY SITUATION THEY ALSO TOLD ME IT WAS NOTATED AND NOT TO WORRY I EVEN SENT A PIC OF MYSELF IN HOSPITAL ON VENTILATOR.  NOW THEY  HAVE KEPT MY PERFORMANCE LEVEL BELOW STANDARD SINCE MARCH BASED ON THE DEFECTS FROM THE CASES I COULD NOT ANSWER BECAUSE I WAS IN ACOMA. FURTHER MORE I HAVE SOLD ITEMS IN AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER AND IT HAS NOT CHANGED MY SELLER PERFORMANCE LEVEL I HAVE DISPUTED THE DEFECTS AND EBAY KEEPS TELLING ME THEY ARE TOO OLD TO REMOVE.. SO NOW I GET THIS EMAIL SAYING I AM GOING TO BE SUSPENED INDEFINETELY OR LIMITED DUE TO SELLER PERFORMANCE. NO MA TTER WHO I SPEAK TO THEY SSAY DONT WORRY AND YET THE SITUATION IS GETTING WORSE I AM AT RISK OF LOSING MY LIVELY HOOD I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS WHO TO SPEAK TO BECAUSE I HAVE CALLED I HAVE CHATTED AND NOW RESORTING TO TWITTER NAD SOCIAL MEDIA AS YOU ARE PUNISHING  ME FOR BEING AFFECTED BY THE PANDEMIC AND THAT IS ABOLUTELY ILLEGAL NOT ONLY ARE U PUNISHING ME U ARE MAKING MONEY OFF ME FOR BEING SICK U ARE CHARGING ME BELOW LEVEL FEES ON EACH SALE BASED ON SOMETHING THAT WAS A NATURAL DISASTER AND OUT OF MY CONTROL THIS IS FRAUD AND ITS MAFIA TACTICS AND ITS ILLEGAL... SO I ASK MY FELLOW SELLERS WHAT IN HELL DO I DO? I AM STUCK I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO SOMEONE SAVE ME! 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

NOW THEY HAVE KEPT MY PERFORMANCE LEVEL BELOW STANDARD SINCE MARCH BASED ON THE DEFECTS FROM THE CASES I COULD NOT ANSWER BECAUSE I WAS IN ACOMA.

This does remind us that we need a backup plan. Without one we are going to have consequences.

MY DAUGHTER, AND MY ASSISTAND

Neither of these people knew how to close your listings temporarily nor how to pack and ship for you?

I HAVE SOLD ITEMS IN AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER AND IT HAS NOT CHANGED MY SELLER PERFORMANCE LEVEL

Yes.

Defects take a full year to age out.

YOU ARE PUNISHING ME FOR BEING AFFECTED BY THE PANDEMIC AND THAT IS ABOLUTELY ILLEGAL

No it isn't.

It's not personal. It's business.

And eBay is not your friend. EBay is your landlord.

U ARE CHARGING ME BELOW LEVEL FEES ON EACH SALE BASED ON SOMETHING THAT WAS A NATURAL DISASTER AND OUT OF MY CONTROL

Unexpected because you didn't have a back up plan.

You have auctions now with bids on them. Every one that completes will help with your assessment.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

i am very confused... what back up plan should I have? and no Ebay is not my friend but when there is a global pandemic measures need to be taken to ensure that ppl effected by it can still function.. and no they did not have access to stock maam maybe you didnt read I DIED and was in acoma so no body was making ebay a priority but it is a global pandemic and because i am the seller and account holder and i was affected ebay should be helping sellers not hurting them and u said every sale will help well explain that if they suspend me before the ending? or feedback or etc. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

First of all I'm so sorry for what you have been dealing with. I'm confused also, because I need to know what back-up plan are we to have. I do this alone God forbid I'm in your situation, I need to know what the back up plan is.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

That is my point why is there a need for a back up plan u do the post you sell the item you ship the items but if tragedy strikes .... where is the compassion the assistance that ebay should offfer hard working sellers they cant make their own rules that out sellers for being sick something out of their control 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@savinghumanity1childatatime wrote:

i am very confused... what back up plan should I have?

Have someone that can shut things down if needed.

Last time I was hospitalized a few years ago, I was in the back of the ambulance getting pumped full of blood and I was on my phone with my daughter having her shut everything down for me.

You never know when something is going to happen and you need a back up plan.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

YOU WERE ALIVE WHEN THEY WERE PUMPING BLOOD.. I WAS FOUND DEAD AT BOTTOM OF A FLIGHT OF STAIRS IN MY HOUSE... ITS NOT AN EXCUSE I AM SORRY EBAY DOESNT GET TO MAKE UP THEIR OWN RULES REGARDING NATURAL DISASTERS YOU CANT HOLD SOMEONE LIABLE FOR SOMETHING OUT OF THEIR CONTROL ESPECIALLY WHEN THEIR NUMBER ONE RULE IS NO ONE IS TO HAVE YOUR LOG ON INFO.. SO THIS IS NOT A BACK UP PLAN MEDICAL DISASTER TRAGEDY IS NOT AN EXCUSE ITS REALITY AND EBAY SHOULD OF HAD PERAMETERS SET UP FOR SELLERS THAT ARE INFECTED OR AFFECTED BY IMPACT OF COVID THEMSELVES. THIS IS NOT OKAY AND I SHOULD NOT BE BELOW STANDARD WHEN I HAVE NEVER BEEN AND I HAVE MADE SURE TO BE A GOOD SELLER AND THEN ITS IN MARCH.. DEAR GOD I SHOULD LOSE MY SELLING PRIVLEDGES BECAUSE I GOT SICK ROCKSTAR? THIS IS HOW I EAT AND TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY AND ITS JUST ME JUST MEEEEE SO NOW WHAT I AM ASKING DO YOU AGREE I SHUD BE KICKED TO THE CURB FOR IT? AND IF YOU DONT THEN GUIDE ME WHO TO CONTACT 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

re are other alternatives and more coming. I could care less if I was thrown away.  They need our money also. don't sweat it.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

YOU WERE ALIVE WHEN THEY WERE PUMPING BLOOD..

Just barely.

THIS IS HOW I EAT AND TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY AND ITS JUST ME JUST MEEEEE SO NOW WHAT

If it's that important, you need to take steps a head of time to protect your account.

I AM ASKING DO YOU AGREE I SHUD BE KICKED TO THE CURB FOR IT?

That's not up to me to make that decision.

I've been where you're at twice for ending up in the hospital and I had to work my butt off to get back on the good side.

After the second time is when I decided I had to make some kind of plan to prepare for the next hospital stay.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I WAS FOUND DEAD AT BOTTOM OF A FLIGHT OF STAIRS IN MY HOUSE...

Really? In your original post you said you had died of Covid. Glad to hear you are feeling better in any case.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

All sellers need to have someone trained to put your account on "time away" in case of something just like this.   I'm glad you are feeling better.    On Time Away, no one sees your listings until you put it back up.

That person can also be trained to end your listings, and maybe even ship any orders that were done prior to time away.

Ebay is not your partner, and they are not a person, they are a multi billion dollar company whose main focus is to bring customers to the site and have sales go smoothly.  Ebay does not see you as someone with a problem that you could not overcome, it sees many disappointed customers who did not get their product.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

coma's are UNACCEPTABLE here at ebay. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

ebay does not care about sellers.   good luck contacting anyone to solve your problem.    i tried every day for over a month and got nothing.  (had to stop selling on ebay)   hope you have better luck.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. BEEN BELOW SELLER LEVEL FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS. DUE TO SELLING LIMITATIONS I CANT SELL ENOUGH TO GET ME BACK IN THEIR GRACES. I HAVE SOLD ON EBAY WITH EXCELLENT SELLER RATING FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND THIS IS HOW IM TREATED-

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@savinghumanity1childatatime 

You really need to work on getting your act together so you can improve your service metrics. 

Instead of excuses (death, cancer, handicapped, cardiac issues, chemo), perhaps you need to spend more time improving your health and well-being.

Your buyers don't know who you are, what your health is, or whether you're honest. All they know is that they purchased items they didn't receive. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 17
latest reply