cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for suggestions/comments on draft listing for big vintage composition BJD body no head

I was thinking of listing this as a $50 reserve auction but would appreciate hearing from anyone in this group on whether this seems right and fair and/or if I should add anything else (or if I should be asking for this in some other venue--I am new at this) --I have way more photos, but can only start here with 4.   Here goes--I would include everything below plus 8 more photos:

Large vintage composition ball joint doll body; 15 parts without head; well-loved, rough condition

Condition: Used, see photos for more detail:  surface crazing and cracks, dirt and paint wear all around, 2 fingers broken/missing on left hand, extra paint on one foot/leg, more serious 1/8" or so separation in left foot, smooshed thumb size area on leg part (faint). 

Description:

• Neck inside edge diameter about 1 7/8”, for socket bisque head
  • Torso about 4 ½ or 4 3/4" across the top shoulder; about 9” long
  • Thigh part and shin/foot parts are 12 or 13“ when fitted together with the bead joint (each leg part is about 6 inches, but the thigh parts are longer seeming than the shin/foot parts). A thumb size smoosh on the leg appears less obvious in person, but I was able to get a good photo of it.  
  • Wood leg beads are about 1 1/4” (hole to hole)
  • Arm with elbow & hand measures about 9" or 10” with joint
  • No obvious markings to me, but the left buttock might indicate where a sticker was
  • A metal pin that came out will be included; I didn’t want to damage the parts further by trying to get the old string out
  • Please see photos and condition description

Note:  I am not an expert on these kinds of dolls, and found it difficult to measure with all the unevenness and bendy-ness, so I tried showing with a ruler; the photos don’t ‘read’ the measurement absolutely accurately, due to all the angles and variable surfaces involved, so depending on how a true collector would measure it, there may be slight discrepancies.   I am happy to try other measuring and photo methods at your request. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Looking for suggestions/comments on draft listing for big vintage composition BJD body no head

I think you did an AMAZING job! I think it is perfect!!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Since you say you are new at this, I would just suggest starting the bidding at 50.00 instead of using a reserve. Folks tend to shy away from a reserve listing. 
That's all I got! 😉
Good luck and have fun!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply