cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jewelry or watches? Is time to separate these two categories on ebay into two seling categories?

Recently, I sold one doxa watch, but, due to new paypal policy update, this payment was placed on hold.

Reason: High risk transaction

Reading paypal update policy I see that under: 

Prohibited Activities

Activities Requiring Approval

Airlines and scheduled or non-scheduled charters/jets/air taxi operators; collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organization; dealing in jewels, precious metals and stones; acting as a money transmitter or selling stored value cards; selling stocks, bonds, securities, options, futures (forex) or an investment interest in any entity or property; or providing escrow services.  

So, any transaction under section JEWELS AND WATCHES will be considered as HIGH RISK and need approval.

I need to wait until my shipment will be delivered to buyer.  After that, after one day of delivery funds will be available. So, any further transactions in this section - jewelry and watches will be under review and on hold.

What you think, is time to separate these items into two separated categories???

I think that is time to separated this, I don't wanna to wait for my funds and why transaction where I sell wathces for years need to be considered as HIGH RISK transactions? Just because it's listed in group with JEWELRY? 

What ebay think about separating these listing into two categories?

Your opinions? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Jewelry or watches? Is time to separate these two categories on ebay into two seling categories?

I think the restriction is on your account and not the category. I sell watches and jewelry and there's no hold on funds.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No

If is about restrictions on account, all funds will be on holds or account on review.
Only this payment is placed on hold.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

And there is another confirmation that WATCHES should not be part of Jewelry.

Another watch is sold and money is placed on hold, because it's "We’ve placed the payment on hold because you’re selling an item that has a higher risk of customer dissatisfaction. The amount will appear in your pending balance and will be available after the order is fulfilled."

So I need to wait to item be delivered and get feedback to get money for item.

It's watch, collectible old automatic Doxa watch, what high risk items, **bleep**?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply