cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love watches and decided to see if I can make them a part of what I sell on Ebay.

My usual approach to sell is learning as much as I can to be informed when I sell a watch, knowing how to do simple fixes such as changing batteries and straps. for the more modern type of watch, and buying older watches, mechanical that work.

I  have assembled a few lots of watches and parts to do this, and a repair kit, several new batteries, and a few how to do the improvements. 

I was really surprised there was no recent guide or instructions for recent watches, there are the little booklets that come with the more expensive ones, but nothing else in a book format. I discovered that the books are recent reprints of old 60s and before repair guides, for all the different types of time keeping items.

What I am looking for is advice, and some info you might have for books on the subject that is relevant to todays type of watch.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I love watches and decided to see if I can make them a part of what I sell on Ebay.

For general knowledge of repair or maintenance I'd probably just google it and probably end up on youtube. For specific watches (especially newer ones) many of the manuals themselves are available online, usually in PDF format. I've had to do this a few times just to figure out how to set a digital watch! It's not always obvious... Good luck~

Message 2 of 2
latest reply