cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ship furniture or oversized items sold on Ebay via freight

Hi! I sell mostly vintage items in my Ebay store. Most are shippable through the regular carriers. However, I have 3 items that are furniture piece and another item that is huge and very heavy. It's a giant cauldron. I currently have "local pick up only" on these listings but I would like to offer freight shipping. How do I go about setting this service up? I do not believe Ebay offers freight since I did not see that option when initially listing these items. Do I need to set up an outside company to do this? Or can I help the buyer set up freight ship when item is sold? The buyer would be responsible to pay for shipping. I would not offer free shipping on these items. I don't mind paying for the ship boxes and packing materials; even if I have to make a wood crate for it to ship safely. I have many watchers on these items and think if I offered shipping they would sell quicker. Thanks in advance for any help or replies! Gia

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How to ship furniture or oversized items sold on Ebay via freight

I once sold an old Black Forest rocking chair, and the buyer asked that I ship it via Greyhound.

Had to deliver to the closest bus station, and from there the buyer had to pick-up at their nearest bus station.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply