U.S. Coin Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

the good old days.

i remember way back when i first started coin collecting in the early 60's i use to find some really nice coins in change from the deli i always went to as a kid. 1909-vdb's , buffalo nickels , mercury dimes , etc.etc. i also use to go to any bank an...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

How would you grade this coin?

What grade would you give this coin. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1904-S-Barber-Head-U-S-Silver-Half-Dollar-Coin-90-Silver-L466-/171473189261?Item=171473189261 I'm fielding many questions about the quality of this coin (I think because of it's unbelievabl...

Insurance on Coins

Why does any seller offer their customer insurance? USPS UPS and FedEx all state that they will not pay out on collectable coins or bullion. And why would a customer opt to buy insurance if the proceeds go back to the shipper and not the buyer., whic...

Funny Coin Terms

This has to be the flowery-est coin term I've ever seen written in someone's title. Here's the coin so you can see that I ain't making it up 261007335455 1925 PEACE $1 + PUFFY CLOUD SURFACES! -Coin exhibits intense luster on both sides with a racy ca...

New purchases for 2013

Well, December was pretty good, so I have a few e-Bucks to spend. I just grabbed a few new additions today, but nothing too exciting. The Cent rolls each had a toner on top so I figured at this price they'd be fun, the Prez dollar is more for my regi...

has anyone heard of an oversize 1895 indian penny .. it's the size of a nickel

hi .. i have been collecting for many years.. i recently bought some coins at a coin auction .. in one of the boxes was an 1895 indian head penny marked "king size indian" this is not the 3 inch coin .. it is oversize from normal and i can fit a whea...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Dime with oversized mint mark (2X), keep or spend?

I found a 1988-D roosevelt dime in circulation that has a mint mark (D), nearly twice the size of any other dime mint mark. The bottom of the (D) touches the top of the date and the top of the (D) nearly touches the neck line of the figurehead. Can a...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

1895 error coin ? penny struck on nickel die

hi i listed this earlier but many think it is the 3 inch oversize indian by the subject .. here are some pictures of the 1895 indian penny.. not only is it larger it's also thinner ... coin is very nice as you can see. i bought this at an old coin au...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

silver coins

I have 2 1960 quarters in good shape, 1960 dollar piece, ,1926 dollar piece and 1878 dollar piece. which are both a bit faded and id like to know if there is any value to them still?? my father was a collector and i found these. they were loose not p...

Final Value Fees Doubled per Spring Update

Folks, Final value fees will increase two fold in our category per the Spring Seller update. I hope that you all understand this. For many of us this is our total margin on our higher end items. Use the Fee Illustrator to see what I mean. Run your nu...

Can I get my money back?

Question ? I just got my 1909 s indian head cent graded by NGC in the mail. As usual, it had many stickers on it. As I was trying to get the small gold cac or somthing sticker off, the case got pretty scratched up, tough little sucker! Prolly should ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors