U.S. Coin Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

help with 1975 FS Copper Color Jefferson Nickel please

Hi, I'm not a collector, but I've always hung on to unusual coins and wheat pennies for fun(maybe I am a collector?) lol.I received this 1975 FS nickel in some change at the grocery store and I've never seen one like it.The copper color is strong. It...

1863 Indian

I think I posted under the wrong group. Would someone look at my coin under coin grading topic I don't know how tocopy it and post it here but will try to when I get back. I know nothing about coins and was looking to see if I could findmine. I didn'...

Diamond Jubilee Treasury Collection ????

Just found in a thrift store this collection (in a large notebook type of thing); The Diamond Jubilee Treasury of US Gov't. Coins & Stamps, 1909-1984.The cover page is a certification of Authenticity signed by David S. Peebles, for Montgomery Ward. C...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

getting gold coins below spot

I would like your opinion on the following,all comments welcome-I come across a company.selling gold at $750 per ounce,20 ounce minimum.This is what the salesman said-They mine gold in South America and it costs them $300 per ounce,they wil ship them...

"1956 d Lincoln Wheat On Flying Eagle Cent Planchet SUPER RARE"

Hi everybody. The title above was the title of a recent listing on Ebay. Somebody claiming to have a Lincoln struck on a Flying Eagle planchet. While it is EXTREMELY unlikely it IS possible. Mint employes have take old coins and used them as planchet...

Trade Dollar Stamp: Help with deciphering

I have a Trade Dollar. There is a stamp running along the backside of the pedestal on which LIBERTY is seated. It appears that there are some Roman Numerals almost scrated in all the way to the rim from about 1 o'clock to about 5 o'clock on the obver...

Token "NO QUARTER" Naval Ships engaged in battle, does anyone recognize this token?

I found this at a local estate sale and haven't been able to figure out where it came from. It is a little larger than a quarter and has the same design on both sides. Any ideas of what/where it came from would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

noquarter2.jpg

stamps verses coins and gold ect.

WHAT comic book are a better investment then gold ,coins silver in todays market ??? this person i know has some books that he paid 2.00 and well get about 200.00 to 300.00 for them and he sold some that he paid 5.00 to 10.00 and got 400.00 to 500.00...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ralph Borsodi Coinage

1974 "Globe".999 1 troy oz Silver Round. Part of the Ralph Borsodi Currency named The Constant that was backed by International Foundation for Independence, Inc and minted by the Arbitrage Foundation.Any opinions on a Collectors value is appreciated.

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful