cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay bid

Is eBay like bugged out when it comes to bidding? Or is that just my internet. I was watching a bid for a doll from winx club. There was 4 bidders, I was one of them. It was just me against 1 person because the other 2 didn’t bid anymore and it was 20 seconds before the bid ended and the other persons max bid was at 102 but they did that an hour ago, I put my bid at 113 and it didn’t accept and it was given to that person when they didn’t even bid the 113. It makes no sense how my bid was given to someone else and kept saying I was outbid for it. The max bid was 115 because I was putting it for my last bid since it was bugged out for me. Does this happen to anyone else?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay bid

When you look at the bid history in the listing, you should see an explanation for what happened.

If that doesn't clear up the issue, how about returning and just giving us the item number? 

BTW, this may help or not, but you cannot see the other bidder's MAX bid because eBay shows just enough of his bid to be higher than yours.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

eBay bid

@britmart-493,

As Mary requested give us the ebay item number so we can see the bid history. 

" it was 20 seconds before the bid ended and the other persons max bid was at 102 but they did that an hour ago, I put my bid at 113 and it didn’t accept and it".

There is always a delay between the time ebay's computers send information, and it is received and displayed on a device.  If you had been watching the auction for quite a while, without refreshing the page, it is possible the countdown clock was many seconds behind actual time, and the time you took adding your bid, could have eaten up the rest, so the auction ended before your bid was received. 

Some of the things that can cause delays are: 

You have not cleared your temporary internet files and cookie cache in a while.

Your browser or operating system hasn't been updated recently. 

You have other programs or apps running in the background on your device.

Your router was handling gaming, streaming, or use by others in your household.

If you use a phone and its provider's connection, it may have been experiencing a slow down and you had low bars.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

eBay bid

Ahhhh, for me my max bid says 113.but it shows it was sold for 115.20, the item number is 313910754745

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay bid

@britmart-493,

The winner of that auction placed a proxy bid almost 2 hours before your bid was placed. So their proxy bid was at least $115.50 or more, because the  bid is shown as exactly one bid increment or $2.50 more than your bid.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/313910754745

So basically, your last bid was placed just one second before the auction ended but it wasn't enough to beat the high bidder. The high bidder wins, no matter when the bid was placed.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay bid

Apparently your $113 bid was accepted by eBay, but the other bidder had placed a bid higher than that amount previously.

At any given time, the current high bid showing in a no-reserve eBay auction is at most one increment above the second highest bidder's maximum bid. The high bidder's maximum amount is not displayed until another bidder exceeds it or bids within an increment of it.

Note that the winning amount of $115.50 is exactly one increment above your maximum bid -- indicating that the winner bid at least that amount, and potentially much more.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/bidding/automatic-bidding?id=4014

Message 6 of 6
latest reply