cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“SWITCH” quad VS. “HJHRC”, and compared to SYMA X5UW

I'm finding it impossible to find any details on the motors in this "Switch" quadcopter.  It needs at least 2 motors, and likely some gears replaced. I want to get it running again so I can give it to a neighbor kid.  Several weeks ago after many searches, I came across a Youtube about it. The "tuber" guy stated that the Switch quad was a copy of the Syma X5UW.  Not only that he said the Switch brand model number was the same as Syma's, "X5UW".  I believed him on both points, even though nowhere on the user guide, or anywhere else was a model number.

Thinking I was onto something, I began searching all I could find about the Syma X5UW figuring I'd be able to order those parts, and they'd fit.  Meanwhile I got around to opening up the Switch to check out it's motors, etc.  Good move, because the Syma motors and gears are not a match!  Syma's motors are 20 x 7 mm, while the Switch motors are 16 x 7 mm.

I've found loads of 16 x 7mm motors out there, but the more I learn about them the less confident I am to order any.  No clue on the kV or RPM specs of the originals, so I thought it best to replace all four with matching motors.  But I wouldn't want to get ones that require more current to run efficiently, nor ones that are too far off on the RPMs.

Tuns out I've had the match for them right under my nose. But I don't care to disable the HJHRC, in the images below.   I've got 2 of these mystery model HJHRCs sitting around, and you'll see in the pics that the motor housing and props are* an exact match to the Switch. The dimensions are the same, also. So in the end, only the flattened center body is similar to Syma's X5UW, while everything at the end of each arm IS a match for these HJHRC's. (Update; I’m not sure about that, whether the  Syma  motor housing is similar or not?)

Did HJHRC become JJRC?  I've had the same problem with the HJHRC's as with the Switch.  I found 1 or 2 Youtubes on the HJ's, but no mention of a model number, and no tech talk about it's components.  Ideally there'd be somewhere in the US to find the parts, but that's probably asking too much.

Anyone familiar with this Switch quad and it's motors?

251FA7A2-144B-465F-B07B-BB8CE1508CD5.pngC4D16BAA-F5DE-4897-BB3A-C18CD39BD34A.jpeg

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0