cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo NES Box Question

I do not know very much about Nintendo NES items, but I was just wondering why some Nintendo NES game boxes and foam are selling for so much?

Can anyone explain this to me?

Are the three boxes with foam shown in the photo worth anything? They all have the foam and the hanging tags.

Thanks!IMG_7876.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes the empty boxes are worth money.  Collectors want a complete game with the original box, instruction and packing.  So when you have the game and not the box you will pay the price for the box/etc to complete the game.   Take Duck Hunt:  The game in working order is like less than $5.00 but a collector will pay around $75 for a complete game, instructions, and box.  If you have the box it will sell for $40 to $50 and the instructions will sell for $8 - $12.  I sell a lot of empty game box/instructions as collectors seek to complete there game collections.   It does make sense if you think about it, not lot of people saved the original box and instructions and collector want a complete game.  Hope that helps and congrates on the nice find.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes the empty boxes are worth money.  Collectors want a complete game with the original box, instruction and packing.  So when you have the game and not the box you will pay the price for the box/etc to complete the game.   Take Duck Hunt:  The game in working order is like less than $5.00 but a collector will pay around $75 for a complete game, instructions, and box.  If you have the box it will sell for $40 to $50 and the instructions will sell for $8 - $12.  I sell a lot of empty game box/instructions as collectors seek to complete there game collections.   It does make sense if you think about it, not lot of people saved the original box and instructions and collector want a complete game.  Hope that helps and congrates on the nice find.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks, you have been very helpful!

Steve

Message 3 of 3
latest reply