cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help trying to identify these action figures

IMG_6551 (2).JPGI was just wondering if anyone can help me identify these three action figures? I think they are Kamen Riders, but I am not 100% sure.

Does anyone know what company made the figures, what year they were made or what is the name of the three figures?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@s.rum,

Since you now know that Bandai made the figures you can do an online search for Bandai, Kamen Rider action figures, that search may turn up the figures name's.  I did find that a Japanese company Banpresto did make Kamen Rider figures with some being sold in the U.S..  I did find some info that some figures did have info in the small of their backs. You may need a magnifying glass to find the markings.

To get the year of manufacture you may have to add figure height ( I believe there were 3.75" and 4.75" figures made) and you may want to add articulated and/or hard plastic, to the search.  From your photo, I do not think they are the soft vinyl figures now being made, but they may be a softer plastic.

I did an advanced ebay search for the figures that returned 354 results. Maybe you can find one of yours in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=vintage+Kamen+rider+action+figure&_sacat=220&LH_TitleDesc=1&LH_...

This is just a guess, but because of your figures outerwear I was not able to identify them exactly. The two end ones seem to have slots in their helmets for antenna. I can't tell if the middle one had one. If these were made in the 1990s when the series was re-introduced in the U.S. the uniforms may be different from the newer ones made after the turn of the century.

Good Luck

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@s.rum,

I looked through the action figures for the Masked Rider and/or Kamen Rider TV series, and found several Kamen Riders were produced but they do not match the ones in your photo.

Most articulated licensed "series" figures have a Mfr.'s name and a year, on the bottom of the feet or in the crotch.  If you find that info and search the Mfr.'s site giving the figure height you may be able to find them.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Do the figures have any markings on them?  Like on the back or on the feet?  that would help identify

Here is a helpful page to figure out which riders they are

List of Kamen Riders

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I would say you can list them once you figure out which characters they are.  It has a huge cult following and surely there would be many buyers out there

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Company was Bandai

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks! Unfortunately the figure are not marked at all.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, unfortunately the figures are unmarked.

Steve

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thanks! Do you have idea when they were made?

Steve

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@s.rum,

Since you now know that Bandai made the figures you can do an online search for Bandai, Kamen Rider action figures, that search may turn up the figures name's.  I did find that a Japanese company Banpresto did make Kamen Rider figures with some being sold in the U.S..  I did find some info that some figures did have info in the small of their backs. You may need a magnifying glass to find the markings.

To get the year of manufacture you may have to add figure height ( I believe there were 3.75" and 4.75" figures made) and you may want to add articulated and/or hard plastic, to the search.  From your photo, I do not think they are the soft vinyl figures now being made, but they may be a softer plastic.

I did an advanced ebay search for the figures that returned 354 results. Maybe you can find one of yours in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=vintage+Kamen+rider+action+figure&_sacat=220&LH_TitleDesc=1&LH_...

This is just a guess, but because of your figures outerwear I was not able to identify them exactly. The two end ones seem to have slots in their helmets for antenna. I can't tell if the middle one had one. If these were made in the 1990s when the series was re-introduced in the U.S. the uniforms may be different from the newer ones made after the turn of the century.

Good Luck

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I do.  But, a little research will get you what you need.  You’ll learn more if you find that information.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks!

Steve

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

rs_350x486-141106144411-funny-toy-fail-black-man.jpg

Anything without markings is likely a bootleg / copy. This one is slightly different, but knock-offs usually come in countless variations.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply