cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIKKRC Indy Car Information?

I picked this up at a church yard sale.  NIKKO 18" remote control car.  I know NOTHING about this stuff, so any information will be helpful   From what little I can find out, I think it's a 1:10 scale car (but I'm not certain).  It came with 4 extra tires, a NIKKO Ferrari "push presser" DSCN9460.JPGDSCN9461.JPGDSCN9462.JPGDSCN9463.JPGDSCN9464.JPGDSCN9465.JPGDSCN9467.JPGand a few miscellaneous pieces.

Any information at all will be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

- kyal

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, the title of the post is supposed to say NIKKO.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@kyal 

What you have is a Nikko (F2003-GA manufacturer's part number) 1/10 scale Ferrari Formula 1 (F1) battery powered RC race car, with its transmitter.  It looks to be in good shape but it needs its rechargeable battery and charger at least to work.  The battery may be in the hinged compartment under the center of the car to the rear of the on/off switch.  There may be information about the battery on the bottom of the car. 

A good hobby shop that sells RC car models and parts, could probably make up a battery pack for you.  You would need a charger as well for the toy. 

The transmitter is a 2 channel pistol grip controller. You pull back on the white trigger for speed, and use the imitation tire to steer it. The controller probably uses standard type batteries for power. Inside the battery compartment it may tell you what type of battery(s) are needed. 

Nikko RC is the largest and one of the oldest Toy Grade RC toy manufacturers in the world. Their toys are made in plants located on all continents, and in specific countries. 

Toy grade vehicle, planes, boats are pre-built items not kits. Generally they do not have replaceable/upgradable parts except maybe for tires. They are not made using premium materials (carbon fiber or aluminum) for steering & suspension, bodies & chassis. Their motors are not as powerful as kit car motors are, for that reason. Their transmitters and receivers do not have much range and and while some do have adjustments (your transmitter does the 2 white screws on its side) their response is lacking. Toy transmitters / controllers broadcast on a fixed frequency, where as kit vehicles have a fair range of available frequencies that can be used.

If you are trying to figure out a price for the car, you would first need to take it to a hobby shop. Or check online to see if  there is a RC car modeler's club or race track in your area. Hobby shops usually know of local clubs.   Take it to them to see if the car's receiver responds to the controller/transmitter and to test the motor.   As it is you may be able to get $50 on a good day, but it is probably worth less on average. If it works and you can get a battery pack made, without a charger, I would guess the most you could get would be $60 - $100 including the parts that came with it.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@kyal,

The MPN for the toy in your photos, indicate its original production date, when the company name was Nikko RC.   In 2014, Nikko was acquired by global toy company, Toy State.[1] In 2017, Toy State created a new arm of the Nikko brand, Nikko Air. In 2019 Nikko Toys Ltd. became the new home of the Nikko RC brand.[

The link you provided shows a newer toy in the Evolution packaging, starting in 2017. I do not believe there are still producing the 1/10 series lines any longer. Check the link below to see what they have been selling for.  There are a couple of boxed new old stock Evolution F1 cars that have sold, and a couple of used ones. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Nikko+1%2F10+F1+Radio+controlled++race+car&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sa...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply