cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

deltalady1946_0-1626533362993.jpeg
Table Family Game, with Wooden Pegs, Ancient Chinese Checkers.

THIS ITEM SHOULD NOT BE SOLD ON EBAY!  IT WAS ALLEGEDLY "NEW" BUT THE GAME BOX WAS TORN, DAMAGED AND HAD TO BE REPAIRED WITH TAPE. 

THEN I FOUND OUT IT WASN'T MADE OF WOOD, BUT SOME UNKNOWN SUBSTANCE WITH A LACQUER COATING ON IT.

CHINESE CHECKERS BOARDS "STAR CORNERS" THAT CORRESPOND WITH THE COLOR YOUR PEGS ARE.  THIS BOARD HAD ZERO COLORS ON IT AT ALL. 

THEN I FOUND OUT THAT THE PEGS WERE TOO SMALL FOR THE HOLES IN THE BOARD SO THEY WILL NOT STAY IN THE HOLES WHEN YOU BEGIN TO PLAY WHICH MEANS - THIS GAME BOARD IS TOTALLY USELESS AND IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ON!

I DO NOT WANT A REFUND OF $12.00 AS I'VE ALREADY SPENT MONEY ON A USELESS PIECE OF GARBAGE AND WILL NOT WASTER EVEN MORE MONEY ON IT.  I AM ALSO NOT INTERESTED IN A REFUND TO CHANGE MY FEEDBACK.  I'M TRYING TO WARN PEOPLE TO NOT BUY THIS GAME BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

THIS SELLER SHOULD NOT BE SELLING THIS CHINESE CHECKERS GAME ON YOUR SITE OR ANY OTHER FOR THAT MATTER.   IT'S A TOTAL RIP-OFF AND I'M UPSET WITH MYSELF THAT I GAVE A GOOD FEEDBACK BEFORE I USED THE GAME.  THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS BUYER COULD HAVE SUCH A HIGH FEEDBACK RATING IF THIS IS THE KIND OF TRASH HE/SHE IS SELLING ON EBAY!

I JUST WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF THIS AND PERHAPS YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  I CAN'T CHANGE MY ORIGINAL FEED BACK SO I WROTE MY FEEDBACK DIRECTLY TO THE BUYER AND TO YOU, SO THAT'S ALL I CAN DO. 😞

THIS ITEM IS THE WORST PIECE OF GARBAGE I'VE PURCHASED ON EBAY SINCE I JOINED BACK IN 2004!  😞

IT'S SELLERS LIKE THIS THAT GIVES EBAY A BAD NAME!

Thanks for your time.
DeltaLady1946
7/17/21

deltalady1946_1-1626533803165.jpeg
Table Family Game, with Wooden Pegs, Ancient Chinese Ch...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS BUYER COULD HAVE SUCH A HIGH FEEDBACK RATING IF THIS IS THE KIND OF TRASH HE/SHE IS SELLING ON EBAY!"

Because buyers like you leave positive feedback praising the item.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

All this yelling over a 12$ game? Yes, typing in all caps and large blue type face is yelling. If the board shown in the picture is the same as what you got, it does not show any colors in the corners, so you got what was shown. Why would you have thought it would be different?

Re the fit of the pegs in the holes, when I have played Chinese Checkers, was played with marbles, so am not seeing an issue with pegs and maybe loose fit.

There is no naming and shaming of seller on the community forums, so would guess that shortly this post will be changed to remove that information.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

All caps is shouting. Why would you be shouting at us who are here to help if you have a problem?

It doesn't cost you anything to return it. You take a few minutes to open a not as described case and get a return label that is charged to the seller and you return it for a refund.

If buyers don't do that then eBay has no idea they've selling junk.  However, if the seller gets  many not as described returns like that it means they'll get a below average rating which can lead to being restricted selling.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

YOU NOT HAPPY: SO YOU BREAK THE RULES BY NAMING AND SHAMING A USER ON THE BOARDS????

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

"I JUST WANT YOU TO BE AWARE OF THIS AND PERHAPS YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT."

First, we can't do anything about it. These are member-to-member forums. EBay isn't here.

But eBay gives you a way to solve the problem. All you have to do is go to the Resolution Center and open an "item not as described" case. When you do that you're sent a prepaid mailing label, and when the seller receives the returned item you get a full refund. And if the seller has too many "not as described" returns it has consequences for their selling account. Beyond that, eBay has no "pound of flesh" option.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

I don't see a "not as described" case. I see an illustration on the box with the pegs in their holes.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

@redmodelt wrote:

I don't see a "not as described" case. I see an illustration on the box with the pegs in their holes.

So if the pegs of the actual game are too loose to stand up in their holes, making the game unplayable (as stated by the OP), it would be not as described. Not as described cases have been won on less.

But hey, I get it. I think it's an overblown amount of angst over a $12 board game. My point was that the OP is gnashing her teeth over eBay not doing anything when, in fact, eBay offers a solution. And there's a huge difference between "no solution" and "not the solution I want".

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ITEM NOT AS ADVERTISED!

I was talking about the color, not the peg fit.  I guess reading my post, I forgot that when typing the reply.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply