cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with these dolls

Would like any info that can help to intelligently list these 3 vintage (I think) dolls - names, age, etc.  Also, are they 50 cent dolls or $5 or more?  Thanks for your help.

DOLL LOT.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Great that you found the toys and hobbies group, but there is also a Dolls group. You get to it by clicking

EBay Groups, then Ebay Categories, then Dolls and Bears, then pick from that selection. In general, you can find info about dolls by looking at the back of their neck or upper back. Or you could try attaching a picture of the dolls one at a time to Google Lens. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks - I will send them over there.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@modyroad 

The first thing you need to do is look for markings on the dolls. The marks, if there are any, can usually be found either near the back of the neck or less frequently lower on the back. Without knowing if there are any marks, I think the doll on the right is what's known as hard plastic 'dress me' doll, probably from the 1950s. This one appears to be in some kind of international dress. I collected these when I was a little girl (also in the 1950s 🙂). You particularly need to check for marks on this one. If it's marked NASB it's a hard plastic Nancy Ann Storybook doll, which will increase the value.

The middle doll may be a Horsman Cindy. You don't give measurements; this particular version of Cindy should be 10". The doll on the right looks like a Virga doll. Both of these are also from the 1950s. You can search completed listings for prices, but they're both going to be in the "more than $5" range.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The doll in the red dress looks like an American Character 10-1/2 in Miss Toni doll. The dress may be an original. That's quite a valuable doll. The smaller doll in the blue and pink dress looks like a Vogue Ginny doll or a look-alike. The one in the purple dress is not particularly valuable. It is a hard plastic doll in regional dress of (to me) an unknown country.  They were called Storybook Dolls or Hollywood Dolls or Duchess Dolls. Came in a square box with a clear cellophane window. For display, not play. Like the other responders here, look on the back of the head or the back of the doll (don't worry about the one in the purple dress) and see if the manufacturers' name is there.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply