cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Here Know Who This Beanie Doll Represents?

This interesting 12" IMG_9916.JPGIMG_9913.JPGIMG_9914.JPGpellet-filled cloth figure is labelled: "(c) 1993 Rita E. Paraskevas and Michael P. Paraskevas Designed and manufactured by Determined Productions. Item No. 2753 MOUCCI."  Rita and Michael P., together and independently, developed/illustrated a number of various cartoons/books (?)  "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast" is the only one I've heard of.   

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Message 4

It's a character from the book Shamlanders. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not a doll collector, but I would not list it as a Beanie Baby, that is a particular type of toy (LOL both this one and Beanie Baby's).  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi, redmodelt, I wouldn't dream of calling it a "beanie" in a listing. I was only letting the informed audience here know it was pellet-filled.  Actually, to me, a beanie is a type of hat.  Don't know what possessed me to use the "B" word. FYI: There are no errors or typos in the wording on the label, in case you were wondering if it was a $75,000 one.  🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's a Shamlanders bean bag doll. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Don't know anything about this particular plush, but Determined Productions was a company in the San Francisco area that did all kinds of licensed products. They're now out of business, but at one time their claim to fame was that they did virtually all of the Peanuts licensed products. My guess is that they did licensed products to accompany the Paraskevas' children's books. I remember back in the day it was fairly common to market gift sets with a children's book and a plush of a character in the book. So your best best in ID'ing this is to find the book it's a character in.

And yes, as @redmodelt mentioned, this is not a Beanie. The proper term would be 'plush'.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I saw Michael's name on a Facebook listing. Don't know if it was the same one. Might try an internet search of the full name and see if anything recent pops up. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Message 4

It's a character from the book Shamlanders. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply