cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentic Guarantee Program

Sold a 2023 Panini Prizm Puka Nacua Silver Prizm auto for a good price.  The card went to the authenticator (would like to know who that is) and it was returned with a statement saying that the description was not correct and the card had surface damage.

I have sold a lot of cards on eBay with minimal complaints and I knew that card was in MINT condition.  I went back and looked at everything and my listing was spot on except for the authenticator saying it had surface damage.

I received the card back, looked at it, and to me it still looked MINT.  So, I sent it to Professional Sports Authentication Services (The Number 1 in Authenticating trading cards).  Here comes the best part.  The card came back graded PSA/DNA GEM MT 10.

After all that said, my question to everyone is, WHO is authenticating?  Is it Joe Schmow who knows nothing about trading cards?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There are complaints about PSA grading as well.

There are multiple human beings working for all of the authenticators and they vary in skill and attention span.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Here's the full scoop on eBay's card authentication program, including who they use as authenticators. 

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-tradingcards-seller/

Message 3 of 3
latest reply