cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1990s legos

anyone recognize this 1990s lego? genre? I thought maybe roboforce but cannot find it on lego sites. Also, I have a bunch of roboforce figures or vehicles. Are they scarce? no boxes or instructions bt still put together. Are they better to post as a lot or seperately? Thanks for anyone's help. Trying to downsize house what my kids left behind.20181108_232737 (1).jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

1990s legos

I'm going to guess 1993 Lego #1687 Midnight Transport set. However, the helmet on the figure should be red with a trans-light blue visor, so you may have the wrong original helmet. Also either the plane is assembled slightly incorrectly, or you're missing a piece or two (the top of the plane should be all black).

One helpful site to identify Lego sets/figures is brickset.com.

It's worth it to at least try and identify the roboforce items, and then search each individual one in past sales on eBay. Selling in a lot will likely get you less money overall, as individual collectors may already have some of what is in the lot and will pass. It may even still be something you'd rather do after researching the items individually, but you'll at least know the current value of what you are selling. Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

1990s legos

I'm going to guess 1993 Lego #1687 Midnight Transport set. However, the helmet on the figure should be red with a trans-light blue visor, so you may have the wrong original helmet. Also either the plane is assembled slightly incorrectly, or you're missing a piece or two (the top of the plane should be all black).

One helpful site to identify Lego sets/figures is brickset.com.

It's worth it to at least try and identify the roboforce items, and then search each individual one in past sales on eBay. Selling in a lot will likely get you less money overall, as individual collectors may already have some of what is in the lot and will pass. It may even still be something you'd rather do after researching the items individually, but you'll at least know the current value of what you are selling. Good luck!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

1990s legos

thanks for responding. good info

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

1990s legos

LOL...the wings were attached on bottom instead of top!! these are my boys left behind. Now I know what vehicle and helicopter are as well!!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

1990s legos

Hah! It's good that you have the whole set, that definitely helps with trying to sell it.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

1990s legos

also have some with mostly black and black "4" in yellow highlight sticker on them. I'd have to put together but don't know the genre to start

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

1990s legos

When I’m trying to see what I have in “the pile”...I find the MOST UNIQUE piece (a windshield, an engine, something more unusual than a standard brick) and get your brightest light & most powerful magnifying glass and find the PART NUMBER engraved on it somewhere. 

Enter the part number in the FIND box at this link:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogTree.asp?itemType=P

It will tell you all the sets that use that part! 

Have fun building!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

1990s legos

@d.clawed wrote:

When I’m trying to see what I have in “the pile”...I find the MOST UNIQUE piece (a windshield, an engine, something more unusual than a standard brick) and get your brightest light & most powerful magnifying glass and find the PART NUMBER engraved on it somewhere. 

Enter the part number in the FIND box at this link:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogTree.asp?itemType=P

It will tell you all the sets that use that part! 

Have fun building!

Did bricklink absorb Peeron's function?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

1990s legos

Not sure. Peeron is a good source to look up bricks too.  I like them best for instruction manuals.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply