cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox : AddFixedPriceItem throwing invalid IAF token

I am attempting to debug an application I wrote. I usually start by hitting the API directly from the ebay sandbox developer platform on the site to see the information going back and forth. When doing so, I hit the button to, "Get OAUTH Use Token". The information is loaded into the textarea, and I hit submit with the default content provided by the ebay sandbox api, and I keep getting the following information

<Errors>
<ShortMessage>Invalid IAF token.</ShortMessage>
<LongMessage>IAF token supplied is invalid.</LongMessage>
<ErrorCode>21916984</ErrorCode>
<SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode>
<ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification>
</Errors>

Ebay is providing me this IAF token directly. When I click the link to load the IAF token, it does generate me a new one, so I am not sure what the issue is.

Another issue, which might be related, is that when I switch to "Auth'n'auth", and hit the link to "Get a token here" and it takes me to the login screen, when I input my username and password combination, it just spins indefinitely, and never completes.

Is Ebay's api IAF system currently offline or having issues?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@fillersfulfillment 

If it worked before, and now fails, the problem may be related to your sandbox keys. There was a rash of posts over the past few days surrounding sandbox keys, and eBay made two different API announcements here:

https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-status 

The problem was "unresolved" until about 2 hours ago, and is supposedly now fixed. 

When using the Sandbox to get a user token, you must use the login credentials of a Sandbox user. Sandbox users can be created on this page:

https://developer.ebay.com/my/auth?env=sandbox&index=0 

where it says:

Register a new Sandbox user

When logging in, it is necessary to use the full "testuser_...." name.

I've never been able to log into the sandbox, so never used it. I just tried again and got a 400 error.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Very weird. I have a sandbox user with sandbox user credentials. That's what I am trying to log in with. I left a tab open while trying to log in, and it is still spinning.

It recognizes my username when attempting to login with the testuser_##### account, but still just sits there and spins.

I might have to delete this test user and make a new one, as something is obviously wrong or broken.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I revoked the token that I had on file, and attempted a new login using the "OAuth (new security)". First time I login with a username and password, it then refreshes the page back to the login screen, and then when I input my login credentials a second time, it now spins endlessly.

On the sandbox url, I just attempted to login and received a "HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request"

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I have been sporadically checking it, and I can finally log in and was able to obtain a new token that now works. Looks like it was a temporary issue with their sandbox api server

Message 5 of 5
latest reply