cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday shipping and sales

I know it way early but I'm just getting my momentum selling on eBay so I was wondering if any of the sellers that have been around for a min could give me some tips on what to do and what not to do with regards to shipping during the holiday season? I am a planner so I want to make sure I've done my homework and learn from other sellers mistakes and successes to ensure I remain somewhat relevant during this time. My questions is what do you think about drop shipping? Direct shipping? Listing durations and/or specific format? Thanks and anything will be a greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Keep a close eye on the calendar.

If you are open on Christmas Eve, some nitwit will buy at 10 pm and expect the purchase to be at his house on Christmas Day.

Use Priorty shipping in the last two weeks before Christmas. Do not give any other options.

A new seller cannot withstand negative feedback from panicy buyers  who shop late

Don't dropship. It won't arrive in time. And you will be competing with hundreds of others selling identical products. And the supplier will run out of stock and won't tell you. So just don't

Sell what you know; know what you sell.

Fixed price or 7 day auctions with Buy It Now. Allow for impulse buyers.

If you include the cost of shipping in the price of the item, you will be using Free Shipping and will get automatic 5 star shipping cost DSRs.  The attraction of low asking prices is offset by the attraction of Free Shipping. 

Some sales are not worth having. Always be polite, but don't promise what you cannot do.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Christmas items are already in stores so it is not too early to list Christmas items.  I sold 2 Christmas trees last week.

I use Buy it Now listings so the items are there when the people want them.  Then I don't worry about whether or not it is the holiday buying season. 

Drop shipping can be a lot more pain than pleasure.   I don't reccommend it for the very reasons already mentioned.

Pack well....I think carriers get more careless with packages when they are the busiest, like during holiday shipping season.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply